ratsun decals

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
i like the second one, altho i think i would like it better if the "r" was lower case... idk... did BEE ever make metal ones?

I'm still working on it, for some reason when I cad'd it and programmed it to the burning machine; it wants to burn it out 70 inches tall and 40 inces wide. I'm trying to get it shrunk down.

What happened to the decals that Steve was supposed to make based on my design?

actually that might be kind of cool to have a giant one that runs along the whole length of the truck. i'm thinking that when i get to the point to do some body work i'm going to go to this local vinyl printing place that does full vehicle wraps and get a vinyl sheet for my tailgate that's this old japanese wood block print of waves. it's by an artist named Katsushika Hokusai. it's considered the most famous japanese block print ever. but i was thinkin this image flipped horiz. and have ratsun in all lower case in the bottom left area in a sorta handwritten black font would be pretty kickass. and maybe with the official ratsun (rat and cross wrenches) logo in there, if i'm allowed. :D

hokusai_450.jpg

I ran into the same problem with your design. My vinyl cutter would just spool out a bunch of vinyl and I would have to shut it down...

I got a new one traced out, but then my pc died...as soon I as I get the time (been working alot of overtime lately) I'll fix my box and be up and running again.

yea the article was about a levin and an s13 and they were both white and had origin body kits (one of the top body kit designers ever). here's a pic of the levin, i don't remember what mag it was in, altho i had it one point. it wasn't the first time i'd ever seen the image, it wasn't even the first time i'd seen the image on a vehicle. i just thought it might look cool cause i'm thinking about a blue tone for my 521, somewhere down the road anyway. :D enjoy.

dorimon04.jpg

yep thats it.. those guys paid big bux for they're body kits.. if i remember right they got them FROM JAPAN from the people who make them.. not sure on that i maybe confusing it with another artical.. also i think some famous guy actually painted those paintings onto the car.. not sure if it was the guy who painted them to begin with.. or some other well known painter... again tho i could be confusing it with another artical... but that sounds about right... wish i had the mag.. i know my friend does i should borrow it

well i doubt it was the original artist cause he originally "painted" that in about 1810. (wikipedia says he died in 1849, his name's katsushika hokusai) and it's a woodblock, so it's not really painting, more like carving a stamp and then painting ink directly to the stamp. as far as origin kits go, they're a lil more pricey than something you get off bodykits.com (their kits are usually around 3-400 for a kit and origin's are about a grand), but they're higher quality and imo a way better design usually, they strive to make the kit compliment the body lines of the car, not just design one thing and make a million versions to fit every car on the market. i like some body kits, but only if it flows with the design of the car from the factory.