Topher's 72 SR 510

little update

Got the 240sx rear brakes on 9now i need to make some custom lines)

IMG_8873.jpg

welded up the strut towers front and back

IMG_8874.jpg

IMG_8875.jpg

pretty sure this is where the adjustable proportioning valve is going to go

IMG_8880.jpg

back seat is gone

IMG_8871.jpg

IMG_8872.jpg

Most of the holes are shaved and bay is stitch welded and primer should be going on tomorrow then paint shortly after

IMG_8868.jpg

IMG_8863.jpg

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's coming along

ae1128a7.jpg

I see your going Z32 Blow through MAF. I ran the same setup on my SR successfully. Only downside is after a few months she's starts running rich and you need to clean the MAF wire due to oil from the turbo. Kind of a PITA but worth it to not have a Recirculating BOV and also the air is much smoother. The Z32 MAF is one finicky bitch!!

Another issue is the hoses blowing off due to the slickness of the plastic. I scored mine in a criss cross pattern with a razor knife. I think I also used hair spray. I was running 18psi daily.

Just a heads up.

-Josh

• Like 1

I see your going Z32 Blow through MAF. I ran the same setup on my SR successfully. Only downside is after a few months she's starts running rich and you need to clean the MAF wire due to oil from the turbo. Kind of a PITA but worth it to not have a Recirculating BOV and also the air is much smoother. The Z32 MAF is one finicky bitch!!

Another issue is the hoses blowing off due to the slickness of the plastic. I scored mine in a criss cross pattern with a razor knife. I think I also used hair spray. I was running 18psi daily.

Just a heads up.

-Josh

good to know man. thanks for the heads up. a few of my buddys are running the same set up. id like to in the future run a stand alone so i dont need the maf

how did you SR guys run your catch cans?

I am running mine on the tray above the BMC. Make sure you go with a vented can or modify a Geddy type can to vent with a npt motorcycle breather. I would show you mine but it is on my bench with a tap into into it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Catch-Can-Honda-Nissan-Mitsubishi-Toyota-Subaru-Chevy-Ford-Chrysler-BMW-VW-/400314481927?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d349a3d07&vxp=mtr

I have a couple of those cans. I am going to lay it flat, then swap the visual tube with the lower barb so it can give you an accurate reading if it is laying on its side. Then with the top fitting I will tap it for a 1/4" npt and run a motorcycle breather in it.

it will be similar to Kevins 510

P1010107.jpg

Thanks fit the information Dennis. I have a greddy catch can with a small filter coming off it but the previous owner said it would spit oil out. It's set up just like the one above so I think I'm going to run it that same way but put a larger filter on it.

And I don't have time to search right now but what's a motorcycle breather do?

Thanks fit the information Dennis. I have a greddy catch can with a small filter coming off it but the previous owner said it would spit oil out. It's set up just like the one above so I think I'm going to run it that same way but put a larger filter on it.

And I don't have time to search right now but what's a motorcycle breather do?

The SR oil catch system was designed to breath, reducing pressure in the valve cover.

The catch can will fill up with oil but you have to drain it when it fills up, this is why you can see a sight tube to monitor the levels. The S13 is notorious for dumping a lot of oil into catch cans, this is due to a poorly designed valve cover baffle. This problem was corrected with the S14/15 with improved baffling. You can also buy modified S13/14 Hybrid valve covers from Togue Factory.

i like this pic

IMG_5012.jpg

and my other baby

168867_434699619894032_1832273107_n.jpg

Thats a clean looking 72 chevelle! what are you running for power? I've have a 64 project I've been keeping around for years that I WILL build, just always gets put on the back burner. :blush:

Andrew