my poor truck

going to work this morn got rear ended by a ford van the guy hit the gas instead of the brakes :no: I got shoved into the car in front of me but it didnt do any damage.

my truck got the worst of the damage :bye::bye:

5507885645_7f63355032_b.jpg

5507909983_692304fe2f_b.jpg

his van didnt take the dose of chevy to well

5507879309_38042b4238_z.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a typically "smart phone—texting adventure"! Did you let the ambulance take you away? You always gotta let the meat wagon take you away, it's good for a case, regardless if you have two broken legs etc.

Drove it home then went to dr for neck and back sore as hell now truck officially totaled 10k damage gonna buy it back and airbag it If I can get it back for cheap

That sucks.

Do you know of any frame damage? it looks like the bed took most of it. Probably fairly easy to find a bed from a front crash truck.

Frame is diamond shaped the bed smashed into the cab the third door is stuck I went down to a body shop to see what it would cost to fix just the cab they estimated 3k I went to a hole in the wall cash only shop they said 2k to just pull it out and bondo I just don't know if it's worth it to buy it back

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the insurance that the guy had was low-balling me so I went through my insurance and they wanted to fix my truck LAME!!!

So I took it to what I thought was a high end/good body shop and it's been their for 2 months the cost to fix it so far is 12500 and for it to be totaled it would have to have 12800 to be totaled how lame is that crap I use to look at my truck and smile now I wanna drive it off a cliff. I was supposed to pick it up today and i found it in the backlot without a bed and it had been hit in the fender by another car I asked the manager WTF happens to my truck and why isn't it done he said he didnt know it was hit and there waiting on parts.... Grr I wish I could take it somewhere else but I'm effed

• 2 weeks later...

Well last week I went to pick up my truck they said they fell behind and it going to be done Friday (today) so I told them i need a rental car and they need to pay half the deductible, they agreed. I picked up the rental from hertz and had to deal with the douchebAg who worked there.. I was going to take my truck to the Duvall car show sat So i call today so I can see what time it will be ready. I asked for the manager and the receptionist said they don't know if he will be back so apparently he walked out...great. I asked her if my truck was done she said she will call back.... So now i wait lame!!!!

its worse with a old 510. They wont give you anything!!!!!!!!!!!your car can be smashed from front and back like a acordian but if its 500 lesss thats what they will do.

Then when it gets smashed again the next time they wont pay cause it wasnt fixed per spec the last time. Seen it happne here to a guy at work

If I was in a 510 I wouldnt have been able to walk away from that accident. This accident makes me scared to drive a small car I'm gonna have to do a full cage in my 510

If I was in a 510 I wouldnt have been able to walk away from that accident. This accident makes me scared to drive a small car I'm gonna have to do a full cage in my 510

You'd be surprised what you can walk away from. My first impression seeing that damage was "you weren't hit that hard". It was sheet metal to sheet metal, though I guess the van bumper hit something. No rear bumper on the truck made the body crumple more, but probably helped cushion the impact since the truck bumper would have been bolted to the frame and (depending on the bumper) would have transmitted most of the force to motion instead of crumpling the bed.

It's strange- the pictures make me think "not totalled, put a bed on it and call it good" but if the bed hit the cab then yeah, it should have been totalled. It'll never track straight since the frame flexed way past its design load. But it would LOOK fine. That's probably another minus with the no back bumper- if the van had hit the bumper, the frame would have been visibly bent, significantly increasing the damage estimate.

A cage in the car might help from getting crushed in the car, but you'd take a lot more G-force loads. There's a crossing point where cages make smaller impacts more severe but since there wasn't a risk of getting crushed it adds to the injury. Bigger wrecks, you take the higher G-force BUT you don't get trapped as easily since the compartment stays intact. A properly built cage is always helpful in rollovers or side impacts though.

That was my first accident with another car. been in a couple of wrecks on the track but nothing as bad as my truck it rang my bell hard.

I knew that having no bumper would end up in more damage to my truck but it was worth the risk.

Pictures don't show the real damage. It caved in the cab 10 inches it bent the frame so bad they have to replace it from the cab back.

When he hit me I couldn't breath I couldn't move it hurt so bad and that asshole walks up to my window and tells me to move out of the street I'm blocking traffic

Well this is BULLSHIT went to check on my truck today I talked tO the receptionist she said looks like it's going to be done tomorrow I was talking with the new manager she said ill get it tomorrow... I told her i want to go look at it I go in the back my truck is in pieces no bed no suspension no interior and nobody's working on and for some reason dash is in pieces atleast 2 weeks of work still to be done and the damaged front wasn't even touched I asked her why isnt that being fixed she said it's not in the estimate to be fixed I told her it happend in there lot and the old manager said he would fix it she said she has no information about that I told her there is no fing way it will be done why are you guys lying... Why is my truck always being shoved in the corner and forgot about. BIG MEETING TOMMOROW with owner, manager, and insurance rep

Was gonna take it to canby but I'm screwed

Might take the rental lol depending on how the meeting goes tommorow

From having worked at a body shop, sounds like someone may have screwed the pooch on the estimate and the ins. and body shop are fighting for who's going to fix/pay for what. Sucky deal.

The body shop told me the damage cost was about 200 away from being totalled and I call the insurance they say it's 1300 away from being totalled so sounds like you hit thAt one on the nose I wanted it totalled from the stArt but insurance adj said its fixable with used parts cut from junkyard I said no way and she said if they fixed it the way I want it fixed it would total it insaid I don't care and a week later she said they will fix it the way I want and it won't be totalled so somethings going on here and it sucks