I think I'm getting scoped out...

Someone drove by my house 5 or 6 times in a half hour, checking out my trucks. I was working on the brakes on the wagon, which was behind another truck so it wasn't easy to see I was there.

The first time, I heard them stop because they had loud exhaust and the stopped in front of my house. When I went to see who it was they drove off.

They then drove by 3 or 4 more times, slowly, but never stopping. Each time, about 3-5 minutes apart.

So, I moved the truck in the driveway to behind the hedge to look like I left, and hid behind the hedge. Sure enough, they came by again. This time the stopped across the driveway, and I could tell there were 2 guys in the truck. When I stood up to see if I could get their license number they took off. I was only able to get that it was a Washington plate starting with "A", being a truck plate.

They were in a blue shortbox '72-75 620, lowered with some primer panels like the tailgate, and stickers on the back window. Really bad cookie-monster blue paint job, and a loud exhaust. They haven't been back since I walked out with them there.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but the fact that they went by 5 times at least and took off when they saw me makes me think they're scoping out to steal something.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be prudent Doug. Talk to all your neighbors too and ask them to try and get the number. Maybe notify the police, can't hurt. If they stop these guys and scope them out they would have to be morons to try something later. Got neighrorhood watch?

That would be prudent Doug. Talk to all your neighbors too and ask them to try and get the number. Maybe notify the police, can't hurt. If they stop these guys and scope them out they would have to be morons to try something later. Got neighrorhood watch?

I agree, cause if they was looking at the trucks for something else they would have stopped and least said hey.

Now I'm jumping every time my motion detector lights turn on. They keep triggering, probably the neighbor's dogs since they let them run wild when they think I'm not looking.

I'd string up tripwires but I'd either get sued by my stupid neighbors when the 60-year old woman trips over it looking for her dogs, or I'd forget and do a faceplant myself.

I seriously need to move out of here, but my other house isn't habitable.

or you could just take your valuables out and take your battery inside with you.hidden fuel petcock is always nice.you only have to walk a block usually to find your car when the float bowl empties as a future suggestion.I sleep like a baby with mine in place.

when u do find it a block away let me know wat windows u need and wat body panels they kicked in casue they got pissed, also ppl like to slash seats, id say dont let them steal it at all, recovering a vehicle sucks.

nuff sayd!

Wheel+Lock+Gun.jpg

If you have a fairly large dog, or any out door dog, tie it up to the truck tonight. Any barking will most likely scare them away. Trip wires are a good idea, if your neighbor runs into them that is their fault for being on your property without permission.

Yeah, that is her fault. But here in america, you can get sued for that shit. Someone breaks into your house, and gets hurt, they can file a law suit. Go figure