Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i hate living here. it was supposed to be temporary but life is a bitch. they don't even let u wash your car. wtf! shoot i wish i had a garage. all i get is a carport. so i've had to work on it little by little past 9pm when not too many people are around to snitch on me. although i got a notice today reminding me of the rules about no repairs aloud. F'em! I gotta get a new place, especially now that i have 510.

That sucks dude. We're in the process of trying to close on a house and we never even looked at place with an HOA. Fuck that shit! Our shit has been taking forever to close, and we've had our 510 parked at another Ratsun member's place for almost 2 months now. I joked that we should tell our real estate agent (who is an old personal friend of my husband's) that we need to park our 510 at his house until it closes (he's got a HOA as well). Figured it might light a bit more of a fire under his ass to hurry this shit up. :lol:

That has to make it even worse that you don't have a garage, so it's nearly impossible to hide you working on your stuff. Good luck on finding a different place where you can have the freedom to do as you wish.

yea it really puts a damper on things when shits fucked up on my Dastuns.

but, great news. valentine is alive!!! finally got her running again. Took a few tries and head scratches. the biggest head scratcher was that i was getting no spark. it was cranking but very slowly. so i hooked up jumper cables to my 510 and it instantly got spark and started after a few sprays of starter fluid and cranks. I never realized a low battery could be the cause of no spark. but you learn something new everyday. but anyway she's purring like a kitten. but there is one small problem still. the thermostat housing is leaking coolant. damit! but it's an easy fix. I'll deal with it mañana. i'm just super stoked that its running smooth again and can't wait to take her out for a drive.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

and here's to you HOA :fu: :fu: :fu:

the drama continues. they put a tow notice on my truck this morning to tow tomorrow. cause the punk ass neighbor who i woke complained to the main office. FUCKER! what really pisses me off is they checked off "expired license plates" and "flat tires" which are both wrong. i moved it to my dads. street parking :( , but it's the only option i have right now. I'm already feeling separation anxiety. :frantics: . but all this BS can't bring down the feeling of accomplishment of finally getting my truck running. :hyper:

Im sorry to hear that man, thats pretty shitty. i live in a town house, and im always doing valve adjustments, oil changes, setting timing, or messing with carbs here and no one has ever said anything to me, and i feel lucky. good luck on finding a new place!

Im sorry to hear that man, thats pretty shitty. i live in a town house, and im always doing valve adjustments, oil changes, setting timing, or messing with carbs here and no one has ever said anything to me, and i feel lucky. good luck on finding a new place!

nice, your lucky.

honestly, i do take the blame cause revving my engine at 10pm i guess is not cool. but, my truck is safe and out of there so i feel at ease.

It's been a while since i did a head gasket, so i have a question. anyone know if I should re-torque the head bolts after a while?

ok so i re-torqued everything. and i couldn't be happier. she's running damn good. went for a ride and took some vid and pics

video

th_VID_0658-desktop.jpg

and got the two together

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

it was a great weekend!

• 1 month later...

Better find a place to live. garaged!!!!!

Dont want to be too much of a dick here but this is a common happening amonst Datsun owners.

Car towed and no money to pull it out with fines and it goes to the dump.

a guy on here a long time agao had a Mint 610. Towed went to the dump!!!!!!!!

a guy wanted to buy my 510. said hes girlfriend had his towed and went to the dump.

I tought to myself WHY yould I sell this to him sayin, WTF!!!!!!!!!

Get a in car volt meter or cig light volt meter.

There is not reason now this day and age to wait to see the electrical go bad if one has a meter to monitor. Youll catch it before it happans. Loading down premaure or what ever youll see soemthing different going on. And trust the gauge. They work

believe me i know. Ain't no way i'm letting my Datsuns get towed. I appreciate the advice though. It's just that around my area a place with a garage costs an arm and a leg. so i may have to look into moving a bit north.

• 2 weeks later...

did a few things to the ol' girl. broke an exhaust stud trying to tighten it. bummed about that.

also soaked fuse box in viengar and cleaned it up real nice. and adjusted the frornt brakes. got her all ready for tomorrows fun run.

did a few things to the ol' girl. broke an exhaust stud trying to tighten it. bummed about that.

also soaked fuse box in viengar and cleaned it up real nice. and adjusted the frornt brakes. got her all ready for tomorrows fun run.

Did it break off flush?

What I do is drill a small hole in the center of the stud if flush, and then tap an easy out in the hole and carefully remove the offending piece.

When you get it out, I would consider removing all the studs and replacing them all with new ones, do not just run bolts in the holes instead of studs, as you will strip out the aluminum threads, guaranteed, just buy new studs.

Another bit of information, you cannot get a bolt as tight as a nut on a stud, so use studs with nuts.

it broke flush to the flange so i'm hoping when i get the mainfold off i will have a little thread to work with.

Thanks, I will try that technique. i was thinking of replacing them all also. it's only 3 and they're cheap so why not.