Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice blister ...ill placed hammer swing?

i could use the heater knob and valve if its there and would pay for the whole heater box,  switch and all if its functioning....i.e just pull the heater box,  drain it and send it on up here ... i can prepay if its as functioning valve and a intasct handle

nice blister ...ill placed hammer swing?

i could use the heater knob and valve if its there and would pay for the whole heater box,  switch and all if its functioning....i.e just pull the heater box,  drain it and send it on up here ... i can prepay if its as functioning valve and a intasct handle

the heater knob is missing. how do you check to see if it's a functioning valve?

Dat521gatherer did a little write up on that valve, I cannot tell you where to look for the article, but basicly he said to remove the tiny screw holding the valve in position by the knob, then take a very long stick of dowel(round skinny piece of wood), put it in the other end of the valve outlet, and tap the valve out the front.

If the o-ring looks bad, replace it, I used some pressure washing o-rings I have, lube it up and re-assemble.

Mine still turned kinda hard, and I would never use the stock lever/knob to adjust the valve in fear of breaking it, but I am sure a handle can be made out of metal, and just use the stock one at shows.

Dat521gatherer did a little write up on that valve, I cannot tell you where to look for the article, but basicly he said to remove the tiny screw holding the valve in position by the knob, then take a very long stick of dowel(round skinny piece of wood), put it in the other end of the valve outlet, and tap the valve out the front.

If the o-ring looks bad, replace it, I used some pressure washing o-rings I have, lube it up and re-assemble.

Mine still turned kinda hard, and I would never use the stock lever/knob to adjust the valve in fear of breaking it, but I am sure a handle can be made out of metal, and just use the stock one at shows.

i found it. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/26981-my-new-521/?p=762945

definitely bookmarking it.

• Like 1

it took some serious searching but found it. looked at the heater box at the PnP and the valve was super hard to turn. It felt like i was going to break something if i forced it too much. and it was pretty rusty. so i left it.

must have been time, cause i didn't notice anything weird on the shaft.

I have a one piece drive shaft from a 520 that i want to put in my truck but it needs to get balanced and i want to take it to the driveline shop fully assembled so i can just swap it in when it's done. the slip yoke from the one piece D/S has a dust cover that won't slide over the dogleg in my truck.

must have been time, cause i didn't notice anything weird on the shaft.

I have a one piece drive shaft from a 520 that i want to put in my truck but it needs to get balanced and i want to take it to the driveline shop fully assembled so i can just swap it in when it's done.

Can't you just use a normal yoke, as if it is a one piece driveline, then you cannot use the nut anyway, unless you have a slider piece in the driveline like the rear 521 piece, and that slider would make it hard to balance.

i guess i could have but this method works. i had it in my truck before and the only problem was i go a rumble on the freeway so i put the 2-piece back on until i could find an extra yoke for balancing.

this pic is from the first time i put it in.

IMG_1118.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so the latest is I put 2 tires from triple240's z on the rear. 215/60R14. they look badass. gotta buy 1 new tire to put 2 up front. was going to re-thread all wheel studs, but when i got to the front driver side 3 of the lug nuts stripped, 2 of which would not even come out. and left me with only 3 good studs. so i didn't continue and decided to just replace the bad studs at a later time. so yesterday i went to the PnP to get the studs off the yellow 521 there, but it ended in failure. the brake shoes were so seized to the drum i could not even get the hub off. i spent an hour banging on shit with no success. so i left empty handed. so i will have to go the rockauto route or call Nissan.

Presently valentine sits on the street cause i don't want to drive her with only 3 tight lugs. will call Nissan and order a handful of studs after New Years. as well as a handful of lug nuts from summit, and 1 new tire.

Happy new year!

Alright, so the latest is I put 2 tires from triple240's z on the rear. 215/60R14. they look badass. gotta buy 1 new tire to put 2 up front. was going to re-thread all wheel studs, but when i got to the front driver side 3 of the lug nuts stripped, 2 of which would not even come out. and left me with only 3 good studs. so i didn't continue and decided to just replace the bad studs at a later time. so yesterday i went to the PnP to get the studs off the yellow 521 there, but it ended in failure. the brake shoes were so seized to the drum i could not even get the hub off. i spent an hour banging on shit with no success. so i left empty handed. so i will have to go the rockauto route or call Nissan.

Presently valentine sits on the street cause i don't want to drive her with only 3 tight lugs. will call Nissan and order a handful of studs after New Years. as well as a handful of lug nuts from summit, and 1 new tire.

Happy new year!

You just need the studs, correct?

Take a big sledge to the wrecking yard and hit the drum hard from the side/outside edge without hitting the studs, I have literally broken the drum off in pieces before because of this same issue.

You hit it on the side the studs stick out, just don't hit the studs, hit the outside edge making sure to miss the actual hub.

Happy new year!

Dude i dont have the part number but pepe boys carry's them,the bone stock ones of course.there cheap and save your self the hassel of the pick your nose.happy new year

You just need the studs, correct?

Take a big sledge to the wrecking yard and hit the drum hard from the side/outside edge without hitting the studs, I have literally broken the drum off in pieces before because of this same issue.

You hit it on the side the studs stick out, just don't hit the studs, hit the outside edge making sure to miss the actual hub.

Hmm. I don't have a sledge. But I'll keep it in mind. Thx.

Dude i dont have the part number but pepe boys carry's them,the bone stock ones of course.there cheap and save your self the hassel of the pick your nose.happy new year

Pep boys you say? I'll have to look into that. Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally got some studs, courtesy of jrock.

594599AF-0E9A-470D-98F9-69DB53F15E1D-165

have to wait till Saturday to swap them out and slap on the 215's on the front. it's gonna be the slowest week ever cause there's no work right now. I have all this free time and no place to work on my dats. Damn it! i need a garage.