Valentine

skyblue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

update. i got the retainer and took the head off about a week ago. turns out one of the valve seats came off also. dropped the head off to get done up. so it needs 2 valves and 3 seats. wow worse than i thought. so i'm getting the works done. valve regrind and head decked. the head is still not done, they are waiting for parts.

I've been without a truck for about a week and a half now. that has been quite frustrating so i decided to get a second car to get around in. being the Datsun nut i am i was on the search for a 510 and alas one came up on the ol' CL and i bought it today. I know this is the 521 section so i'll keep pics to minimum.

here she is freshly washed.

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

needless to say I am extremely happy with this find. Mainly because I've been looking for a 510 for a while and this one was a steal considering what they go for here in CA. :D

• Like 1

haha. i dunno you tell me. I saved up for months and i still had to borrow $500 to get the 510. and had to use the money for the head on my truck. so now i have to wait a week to get paid so i can get my head and get the 521 going again.

on the truck note i haven't made much progress, but i found these pics of the day it broke on me. I took my Yamaha to get the exhaust done. She drove fine to the shop. but then after the shop is when she started running like poo. that definitely was a bitter sweet day. yamaha one step forward, datsun two steps back.

loaded up ready to got to muffler shop

524558_10151051748219306_2082250227_n.jpg

at muffler shop

255199_10151051749599306_1979624833_n.jpg

and with exhaust done.

486572_10151051749744306_2117454330_n.jpg

• Like 1

thats sick. what year is the bike?

Its a 1966 yamaha campus 60(yj2) but i droppped the bigger yg1 80cc motor in it.

your bro's bike is clean. i'll get there one day with this one, but for now i'm just happy it runs.

nice bike,growing up in hawaii we used to fix up Puch mopeds,we had some of the fastest mopeds in the world beleive it or not.I will see if i can post some crappy pictures of them.

dude i believe you. I've had my share of mopeds, mostly the vespa ciao's. nothing too fast but i saw the motor kit they offer for them and some claim to get them up to 70 mph. I can only imagine going 70mph on an 80lb. bike. if you still had the puch they're worth big bucks here in SF. especially the top tank models.

dude i believe you. I've had my share of mopeds, mostly the vespa ciao's. nothing too fast but i saw the motor kit they offer for them and some claim to get them up to 70 mph. I can only imagine going 70mph on an 80lb. bike. if you still had the puch they're worth big bucks here in SF. especially the top tank models.

Those were the magnums and MK2,we had 2 speed all done up and Polini or Autisa big bore kits,my one magnum was dropped and with my 230lb ass on it it would run about 78 mph.

Those were the magnums and MK2,we had 2 speed all done up and Polini or Autisa big bore kits,my one magnum was dropped and with my 230lb ass on it it would run about 78 mph.

damn! 230lbs and still pulls 78mph? that's some balls. what happened to those super mopeds?

A buddy in Germany had a Zundapp bore up and he said he was up to 120KM. I didnt believe him

I sold my 2 strokes a few yeays ago

75 Rd350

79 Daytona special rd400

84 kenny roberts RZ 350

that kenny roberts is sick! why you sell?