Valentine

skyblue

check ebay there is a guy in in thailand that is selling a set i dont know if there nos or repo's but check them out.

cool. thanks i'll check it out.

and actually i'm in the northbay. but still not close. :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn it! replaced all 3 u-joints yesterday and after the test drive, which was great, i notice she was puking tranny oil out of the output shaft seal. :mad: The thing thats frustrating is i didnt even pull out the yoke. so wtf! now i gotta wait till monday to replace it. :frantics:

glad you got it fixed broham :thumbup:

yea thanks. she's doing real good now. althought im still getting some vibration in 5th gear. i'm gonna try some shims to see if that makes it go away. if that doesnt do it i think im gonna get a one piece driveshaft.

• 2 weeks later...

updates.

after the lowering the u-joints took a dump. so i decided it was a good time to do them all.

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

this was the worst one. yea, that'll make your truck shake.

DSC02811.jpg

and here's the whole assembly cleaned and painted ready to go back in.

DSC02828.jpg

After the u-joints were replaced I was still getting a vibration on the freeway so i thought i'd re-balance the wheels again. In doing so i noticed one was very bent. so i swapped it out with the spare wheel. Cleaned it up and slapped it on. Feeling out the stock color.

DSC02839.jpg

Finally got the windshield washer motor working and hooked up.

DSC02837.jpg

and the squirters work!

DSC02838.jpg

Also got around to getting that broken bulb out of the under hood light socket and replaced it with a fresh one.

DSC02853.jpg

DSC02854.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

and it works too!

DSC02858.jpg

so then i cleaned the switch too.

DSC02871.jpg

Cleaned up the wires to the ignition.

DSC02880.jpg

and cleaned the engine bay a little.

DSC02874.jpg

and of course a few shop pics.

DSC02876.jpg

DSC02882.jpg

DSC02894.jpg

very productive day!

Good job baby,i guess thats next for me.chrome that driveshaft.haha

thanks dude. actually i'm planning on getting an aluminum one piece shaft as soon as i save up enough $$.

• 2 weeks later...

adjusted valves yesterday. runs sooo much better.

and finally installed oil pressure sensor.

DSC02921.jpg

and got some parts from pnp. cigarette lighter and metal dash from '67 520

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02911.jpg

started cleaning it up and slapped on extra ashtray.

DSC02914.jpg

Can you go back and grab the rest of the dash, as it is a painted dash, doesn't have that texture stuff on it.

Unless it is hacked up around the radio hole or something, I find it much easier to just get the whole dash, a lot less prep work.

You will also need the 520 defroster parts that connect to the dash, as the 521 defroster parts connect differantly.

adjusted valves yesterday. runs sooo much better.

and finally installed oil pressure sensor.

DSC02921.jpg

and got some parts from pnp. cigarette lighter and metal dash from '67 520

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02911.jpg

started cleaning it up and slapped on extra ashtray.

DSC02914.jpg

Can you go back and grab the rest of the dash, as it is a painted dash, doesn't have that texture stuff on it.

Unless it is hacked up around the radio hole or something, I find it much easier to just get the whole dash, a lot less prep work.

You will also need the 520 defroster parts that connect to the dash, as the 521 defroster parts connect differantly.

the rest was not in great shape. plus i'm on a budget so i left it. oh realy. damn it. ok thx.

Still need that package tray? I got one in my truck that i was planning on removing.

well it's not urgent. there's other things i need to spend moneys on. but i'll hit u up when i'm there.thx

went back and got the vents. but the right one has a broken mounting tab. :mad: I'll have to figure something out to keep it attached to the dash

DSC02934.jpg

also grabbed this little beauty. 240z inspection light. It's missing the lens but oh well.

DSC02937.jpg

and made a little progress with the dash. I ran into a little bondo surprise patch. crappy but no big deal. i want to get this thing down to bare metal. this was 1 hour of sanding with an orbital sander. man it was exhausting. but gotta do it up right.

DSC02928.jpg

DSC02930.jpg

there's a lot weird rust under all that old paint with a strange looking rust pattern. Never seen anything like it.

DSC02931.jpg

I store pens and such in the ashtray, maybe someone in the past sat something in that aera for long periods of time that scratched the dash up in that area, and over time it rusted, then they repaired the dash(bondo, ect.) but didn't do a good job of getting all the rust off before painting, then it sat for an extended period of time and rusted under the paint.

• 3 weeks later...

some progress. So i snatched up the one-piece drive shaft from the 520 at the pnp in hopes of getting rid of the two-piece. And guess what? it fit! The shaft is the same length as the two-piece. but i did have to swap out the yokes for two reasons. 1. the one-piece had a dust cover on it that didn't jive with the dogleg. 2. the one-piece yoke was longer, as you can see in the pic

IMG_1118.jpg

when it was all said and done it looked like this

IMG_1117.jpg

slapped it in and it fit like a glove. however, i'm getting a bit of a rumble on the freeway at about 55mph. i need to change the u-joint at the diff and i'm hoping that will fix it. if not it looks like i'll have to go get it balanced. either way tho i'm happy with it. bye bye carrier bearing!

Keep it up,looking god after your done come down and finish mine will ya.I drive shaft H'mm.Also that vent for your dash let me see if i have one i sell it to you for free99

thanks! fo sho. i could use a vacation. haha. oh man if you have an extra vent that would be sweet.