Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you say that, Wayno.  That was my first thought when I saw this photo, but they appear to be in such nice shape that I just assumed that I was wrong.  Maybe they were reupholstered before being installed....... because the lines on them are the wrong way.  At least compared to the stock seats in my '66.  The ones in my car are vertical, his are horizontal.

Either way, they look nice! 

See how my NL320 seat is made with the smooth part on the outside and the ribs inside, that is how my 67 roadster seats were made stock, but when I put the 68 roadster seats in my car, the design changed.

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

Here is what the NL320 seat looked like when I bought it, horizonal ribs.

DSCN0542-1.jpg

DSCN0543-1.jpg

Here are the 68 seats, keep in mind that this car was restored back in 1995, and it was not a frame off restoration.

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg
The ribs run the way one would expect.
I'm going to jump in here and say that on the first page of this thread he says that the guy that he bought it from told him they were 1600 roadster seats, but who knows for sure.

this is correct.

Hmm.  Definitely different looking seats, but they look good in there.   They almost look more like '68 510 low-back front seats.... based off of what very little I've ever seen of the rare breed.

I dig the wheels you've got going as well.  The first time I saw a set of these on a 521 I caught a quick glance of them and thought they were 6-spoke ZX wheels. 

thanks. yea i'm not sure that they are roadster seat cause i've researched roadster seat and i haven't found one with seats that even look slightly similar to mine. But they are comfy and have good leg room.

thanks. i wasn't sure if i was gonna like them, but i wanted something different. But with the new tires i'm sold. just need to paint them and finish polishing them up.

Wow I like those and wouldn't mind driving your truck to see if it would be more shaven chewbacka friendly than my bench I could lower those even more too

haha. shaven chewbacka. sounds like a vagine hairstyle name. well im 5'10" and i fit perfectly in there.

Dude i love the look of your truck so clean and not over done like some green pile of crap on here with roof racks and so forth.Really i like a lot.Get some speaker box carpet and do the back wall below the back window and do some carpet for the floors you will love that truck so much like me.

Thanks. Haha. Speaker carpet huh? Ill check it out.

• 4 weeks later...