Valentine

skyblue

stockton wheel...add a few inches. done.

I think the "star" matches the lines of the truck well. Very hard to pull off. Again its an offset and width issue for me. They are perfect for bagging though.

I have a set of Escalade 17's with caddy centers and blank centers and the western's I took off my truck, everything included. We can work something out if your interested.

And I'm sorry but if you going for the lowered look, you gota lose the diving board.

Stockton wheel? what is that?

I like the offset, i'm not a big fan of negative offset. I am considering getting longer studs and throwing some spacer on there. mostly for clearance issues.

I appreciate the offer, but another set of wheels isn't in the budget. although if the price is right...maybe.

haha. by diving board do you mean the fugly ass rear bumper?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sheesh old school.....your dick is small....lol .

.just being real, dont like the st.....they look to modern .....can sympatize with the sring plate grinding....with 4x4 720 leafs u wouldnt need to do that...i like the blacks on there....yor rears look like my rears ...... that offset wheel looks set in like my escalade wheels .....i have contimplated running spacers....

hahaha

One could argue that escaldes are too modern too no?

any suggestions on quality tire brands? the Hankooks on there now are crap. I got them back in Feb and they're causing some annoying vibration on the freeway. I thought it was the steel wheels that may have been bent that was causing the vibes, the main reason i got different wheels. But, after putting these on, the truck still vibrates staring at 35mph. So I can only deduce that it's the tires.

Just by name brand tires thats for sure,i dont care what any one says i never skimp on good quality tires,besides its the only thing that makes contact with the road unless your laying frame.lol

Also you have a vibration did you ever get the king pins checked also are you still using the stock drive shaft and if you are did you ever get the carrier bearing looked at my truck has a slight humming you might say when you get up there in speed which i would be safe to say is my carrier bearing,and i guess the humming i am talking about could be a vibration to.The trucks have simple suspension and drive train so it wont be hard for you to narrow it down.

Keep up the good work also truck is coming together just fine.

sheesh old school.....your dick is small....lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A7E3zFRWeE

Stockton wheel? what is that?

by diving board do you mean the fugly ass rear bumper?

Stockton Wheel is pretty much the captain save a hoe of all wheels, bent or otherwise. They also widen wheels. You need donors though. Looks like they got bought out, so don't know how the new service is but old service was 4 out of 5. Sometimes slow, sometimes needed rework, but about 85% - 90% always satisfied.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/

any suggestions on quality tire brands? the Hankooks on there now are crap. I got them back in Feb and they're causing some annoying vibration on the freeway. I thought it was the steel wheels that may have been bent that was causing the vibes, the main reason i got different wheels. But, after putting these on, the truck still vibrates staring at 35mph. So I can only deduce that it's the tires.

Wrong ghost rider. Every moving or rotating mass can cause your vibration. Mr. Big Tankers got some good advice below.

Just by name brand tires thats for sure,i dont care what any one says i never skimp on good quality tires,besides its the only thing that makes contact with the road unless your laying frame.lol

Also you have a vibration did you ever get the king pins checked also are you still using the stock drive shaft and if you are did you ever get the carrier bearing looked at my truck has a slight humming you might say when you get up there in speed which i would be safe to say is my carrier bearing,and i guess the humming i am talking about could be a vibration to.The trucks have simple suspension and drive train so it wont be hard for you to narrow it down.

I cater my tires to the need the need of the vehicle.

1970 521: Kumho Ecsta AST. Lowered, normally cruising speeds, H speed rating, TREADWEAR 400. Great for the cruise mobile while helping to preserve tire wear.

1978 Scirocco: Yokohama S. Drive (first time on these, no drive time yet). Performance and tire size dictated this tire. Full suspension, high speeds (Z rated) 15x7.5 Ronal LS wheels ET25. I need to run 195/45/15 on these in hopes of barely clearing the fenders. Prior to these, I used to run exclusively General Tires. Phenomenal German tire with great feedback.

1987 4Runner: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO. Really wanted mud here but had to choose wisely as I use this primarily as the DD. Wanted higher speed, handling, wet and dry weather applications. This is a great tire if treated right.

2007 GMC Acadia: AKA the wife wagon. The choice for me here is obvious, OEM recommended replacement (BF Goodrich). Current vehicles come with a plethora of devices to monitor every aspect of a cars performance. When you deviate from designed specifications, there is a possibility of adverse effects. Woman and kids are in the vehicle. Trust in the manufacturers design and you can only blame her LOL. Being in auto manufacturing, I have personally seen a family lose a law suit against a car manufacturer because the car was modified with only rims and tires.

Wow, I guess that was a little much. Okay, you can wake up now.

Yea that makes sense, I will def invest in some good rubber.

My kingpins need replacing. i Checked them when i got the truck and there was a little play almost 2 years ago. And yea i still have the stock drive shaft and i haven't heard any humming from the carrier bearing, but it's a possibilty. Although, i do have a one-piece drive shaft from a 520 and when i had it on i still got the same vibration at the same speed. hmmm. I have to figure this out cause it's annoying the hell out of me.

And thanks i like where it's at now.

Hey man you got them on! Right on, kinda wish i didn't sell them haha. Could have put them on my 620. I see you found lugs

Yea after like 5 months. haha. i ended up buying lugs from summit. i think i would have needed to get new ones anyway cause 521 have a 7/16-20 thread pitch. which is different from all other nissan trucks 12x1.25. go figure. I still have more polishing to do on them. right now i just have the clear coat removed and buffed down with a scotch pad.

Stockton Wheel is pretty much the captain save a hoe of all wheels, bent or otherwise. They also widen wheels. You need donors though. Looks like they got bought out, so don't know how the new service is but old service was 4 out of 5. Sometimes slow, sometimes needed rework, but about 85% - 90% always satisfied.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/

Wrong ghost rider. Every moving or rotating mass can cause your vibration. Mr. Big Tankers got some good advice below.

I cater my tires to the need the need of the vehicle.

1970 521: Kumho Ecsta AST. Lowered, normally cruising speeds, H speed rating, TREADWEAR 400. Great for the cruise mobile while helping to preserve tire wear.

1978 Scirocco: Yokohama S. Drive (first time on these, no drive time yet). Performance and tire size dictated this tire. Full suspension, high speeds (Z rated) 15x7.5 Ronal LS wheels ET25. I need to run 195/45/15 on these in hopes of barely clearing the fenders. Prior to these, I used to run exclusively General Tires. Phenomenal German tire with great feedback.

1987 4Runner: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO. Really wanted mud here but had to choose wisely as I use this primarily as the DD. Wanted higher speed, handling, wet and dry weather applications. This is a great tire if treated right.

2007 GMC Acadia: AKA the wife wagon. The choice for me here is obvious, OEM recommended replacement (BF Goodrich). Current vehicles come with a plethora of devices to monitor every aspect of a cars performance. When you deviate from designed specifications, there is a possibility of adverse effects. Woman and kids are in the vehicle. Trust in the manufacturers design and you can only blame her LOL. Being in auto manufacturing, I have personally seen a family lose a law suit against a car manufacturer because the car was modified with only rims and tires.

Wow, I guess that was a little much. Okay, you can wake up now.

cool. i'll check them out it would be sick to at least widen the rears.

yea i guess i should have paid more attention in physics class. lol.

Wow that's a very thorough and well said explanation. I will pay better attention to my tire choices from now on.

i've been searching for some goodyears that i had on a 510 back in the day. they were called wingfoot and they had raised white letters. I would love to get a set of those, but i can't seem to find them anywhere.

thanks for the info/feedback everyone. :thumbup:

I really like your paint man. i would'nt change it. its a really nice blue.

thanks. yea i don't think i'll paint it anytime soon. it buffs out really nice too after a good waxin'. it's been a while since i last waxed it so it looks a bit dull right now.

Federals have always been problematic. A lot of VW guys run the oddball sizes. Everyone loves the 165/45 & 50 /15's (which look really good on 5 to 6-1/2" wide wheels skyblue). Most guys rock em' hard and they hold up but I have also heard of 3 day failures out the sidewall.

Hard balancing of any tire is usually because of a tire manufacturing issues. Usually a quality thing. Not that the tire is bad, it might just have a thicker sidewall on one spot of the tire than on another. The tire must still meet the minimum thickness standard for whatever they are rated at, but the thicker areas are actually the problem, not the thinner. On new tires, I have also seen a very large buildup of tire mold release agent causing difficult balancing too.

exactly what i have found in my searches to get the tire warranteed....they're(federal) obsessing over a area where i rubbed the sidewall versus the balancing issue... i"m about to yank all four and go to something else....i will say they wear great.....way better then a toyo but that's also a sign of pour manufacturing being they use a harder compound rubber to aid in wear which is usually also means the tire will be described like above...inconsistent in cnstruction

Went to the Richmond PnP today and got a few parts off a 1970 521.

DSC00587_zps9d4ea393.jpg

more pics here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/925-wrecking-yard-report/page-63

I mainly went there to get the flange yoke assembly.But, I had some trouble Trying to take the stock slip yoke off a 1970 stock 521. I already removed to nut at the end of the tranny shaft. I thought it was supposed to just slip out. Any thoughts?

here's some vid showing the problem.

and pics of the parts i got.

DSC00600_zpsa50a6ff0.jpg

sweet matching radio knobs.

DSC00611_zps8dd76f14.jpg

and got this beauty taking off the u-joints of the flange.

DSC00612_zpsb5613a8c.jpg

Hows those headlight bezels you should grab them if there in good shape clean them up and re-sale them.Not sure on the tranny though.

They look pretty good, but i already have a pair i need to polish and sell.