Valentine

skyblue

thanks. i slapped it together pretty quick. the song was playing randomly on my itunes when i was playing the video on my computer and i thought it went well with the artsy vibe i was going for.

no offense? are you calling me a gay liberal? haha. none taken. as long as you stay out of the castro you're cool. don't ask don't tell. haha.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome I like shooting little cruise videos I got ten or so just cruising around town .. Although it triggered me to remember theo is I watched about all the people who commit suicide on the gg bridge and there story's.... Good movie just sad...... I'd live in San Fran ...... No homo

Your to funny and no not you just Frisch in general,but it is so nice up there,I love the weather and bay,I used to hall tanker trucks up there years ago right by the PAC bell stadium at the west star dock right next to jellies all the time.

Right on. I used to work down the street from jellies.

That's awesome I like shooting little cruise videos I got ten or so just cruising around town .. Although it triggered me to remember theo is I watched about all the people who commit suicide on the gg bridge and there story's.... Good movie just sad...... I'd live in San Fran ...... No homo

Yea I guess it is a little on the sad bastard side. Maybe I'll re-do it with a more upbeat song.

i was talking abou tthe movie about the suicides not your vid......your vids perfect ....dont listen to mr big he thinks everything should have milli vanilli as back ground music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqV3rWM4iQ

yes i still have this cd too... so i can sympathize his pain when they turned out to be a fraud

they seem like some dudes that might own a datsun anyway

Dude i love the look of your truck so clean and not over done like some green pile of crap on here with roof racks and so forth.Really i like a lot.Get some speaker box carpet and do the back wall below the back window and do some carpet for the floors you will love that truck so much like me.
Looks good man.I want to get one again bad.
  • 2 weeks later...

Thx Hurley. Yours was sweet.

Small update: replaced the outer front wheel bearings yesterday with hopes that it was going to get rid of the vibration I get at 65mph. The result was it helped a little but the wheel still vibrates at that speed. Ugh! I didn't take pics cause I figured everyone knows what bearings look like.

So since that didn't fix it next i will try balancing the one piece drive shaft i have and swapping it out. Also I should mention the front shocks are blown and the kingpins have some noticeable play. Damn it I will get this figured out!

There are a lot of things that can make a front end vibrate, if you have a loose front end and the toe is perfectly even, meaning no toe in or out, the whole thing could vibrate/wiggle, a very small castering type motion, and if you were to toe in a little bit it might stop.

I had this very long reply earlier that I erased about this, I also don't have any clue what negative camber, and riding on the bumpstops and/or shocks will do either.

Personally I would toe in a little and see if it changed anything, just remember what you do, so you can put it back the way it was if nothing changes.

Also I am assuming the wheels are balanced and round.

i got a sloppy front end it does a plethora of things at speed but adding new shocks helped,  then making the new upper mounts and increasing the travel helped too .....shocks dampen more then just the bumps .....mine also needs a alignment bad but dont wanna hear how i should re build the front end to make it really right..i should at least dial the toe in better... its easy enough to get close

Ok thanks guys. I didn't realize toe could affect it like that. Ill check it out.

The wheel bearings are bothered new. Inner ones about a year old and I cleaned everything in a solvent tank and packed them with clean frag grease.

Yea I dreading doing the kingpins. But I feel the time has come.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm new to ratsun, figured I'd join to learn what I can about my new 521. It's a big project and I'm pretty much starting from scratch. The previous owner put a Nissan SR20DET engine in it but lost interest so that's where I come in. The engine is not running as it needs to be wired up (have an auto electrician looking at that) and a few mechanical things tidied up before its driveable. It has a huge abnoctious front mount intercooler on it which i intend to remove and hide a smaller one behind the grille. 

I don't have any pics to upload right now but will get into that for those who may be interested in seeing it.

I would like to know if anyone could tell me if the diffs on the 521's are strong? i.e will it handle the power from the 2 liter turbo sr20det engine?

Also does anyone know where i can find a rust free bonnet or even a fiber glass one?

Thanks!! :)