Chet's 620 project Cuz Turbo

chester

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OICS!!!

Dan came up to my house today to work on his 620 in the garage. Well, the plan was to work on my 521 as well but the weather turned real shitty and he had to leave early cuz of the roads. It snowed bout 4 inches while he was at my house and is still snowin like mad meow.

Anywayz, on with the oics!! I am sure Danny boy can give better details but here we go....

Started with a simple oil change but someone didn't know how to use a oil drain pan cuz 4 quarts of oil went on mah garage floor!! :lol:

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

Next was replacing the front shocks

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

The drivers side one was real easy, the passenger side weeeeelllllll.....

DSC01662.jpg

It was stripped out pretty bad and took a ll while to take it off.

Here is whats left of it

DSC01663.jpg

But, got them both off and new ones installed

DSC01661.jpg

Now on to the rear leafs. Took out the old ones and put in some 720 leafs Dan got from j/y.

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

Just changin out the leafs made quite a difference in ride hieght.

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

• Like 1

While we were workin we had to have some background noise of course!

DSC01668.jpg

The snoz berries taste like snoz berries!!

DSC01667.jpg

During our lunch break we went to my buddies work and push started his truck, the starter went out. Then he too came over to my garage to work on his Dat.

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

My Dat had to sit outside in the snow :( . Thats ok though, got 2 others some much needed tlc.

DSC01679.jpg

She is in the garage meow!!

There ya go Dan, hope I didn't miss anything!!

• Like 1

dang those really did lower the truck...

is that with the 3inch blocks right now?

i think it looks good, but i know you aint into the tuckin wheels thing...

i bet you could get away with 2in blocks now... you can try my 1in blocks but i think itll need the 2inchers..

and what the hell jayden... i didnt know you had giant garage ollz..

Ya Neil I got the 2 car garage and ANOTHER garage in the back yard!! That is the one that is filled with all mah Datsun parts and snow blower and stuff!! :lol:

Those tires that are tuckin are actually the old 15 inch studded tires that Dan brought with him cuz of the snow, but we had to change back to the 16s cuz of the different offsets.

I am sure Dan will get on here and essplain if he ever gets done with the lady friend :lol:

Here is a oic of it now after i did the 720 4x4 leafs and front shocks. I wasnt thinking it was going to drop it as much as it did but i like where it is. Now i have to do a little notch since the axle is about an inch from the frame. I should be doing that here in a couple weeks when i get the time to take the bed off. 022011120915.jpg

I don't hand out - rep. I think I did once and kinda regretted it. It's anonymous and like back stabbing someone. Sometime I'll hand out + rep but not often and then maybe to bring -rep back up that wasn't called for. That seems fair.

well no oics and the drive sucked i was doing about 45 the whole time and thought i was going to go into the center wall a couple times but i made it and got 23 mpg. thats a lot better then the 15mpg i got on the way up there. I know what i am going to do when i get the rest of my taxes back... get tires. here A a oic of hwy 16 on my way to work this morning. going up the high out of emmett there was a few times that i lost traction and i was in 4th going about 40-45 there was no reason that i should have lost traction022011084659.jpg

Here is a oic of it now after i did the 720 4x4 leafs and front shocks. I wasnt thinking it was going to drop it as much as it did but i like where it is. Now i have to do a little notch since the axle is about an inch from the frame. I should be doing that here in a couple weeks when i get the time to take the bed off. 022011120915.jpg

wow thats really lookin great! Good job... perfect stance for it...

• Like 2

i think you have the best stance out of us all