My new 620 el Bucketo

DatDoug

76 620 pickup. I could not pass up on this little Ratsun!:D You Portland/Vancouver guys mite recognize it. Got it from Mr. Rambo. down in Vancouver. I have been wanting a reg. cab for a while now. I picked it up Friday and already have done some mods too it.

The Bucket List:D:

Weber Carb (looking for 1)

New Stereo (found a nice Pioneer CD deck in the back of the garage!)

Replace Instrument panel (had 1 lying around that was not all cracked)

Speakers (6x9 boxes in front of seat were too big! 6.5" fit rite into stock holes)

New Steering wheel (had 1 lying around)

Center console ( see above)

Remove bumpstops (my back is still killing me from the ride home!)

Gas Door (had 1 lying around so I did the rising sun on it. Love the red!)

All in all its a good truck and has a lot of style. Lots more to do!

Here are some pics

620mods001.jpg[/img]

620mods002.jpg[/img]

620mods004.jpg[/img]

620mods005.jpg[/img]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. How hard was it to get a din mount stereo in there? I am possibly picking up a '75 next week. AM radio just isn't going to cut it.:rolleyes:

Jester

The dash was already cut (not too hard I have done it b4 on other trucks)

The Panel has ahole big enuff for the front of the stereo. It comes from behind and butts rite up to it. The hard part is attaching it in back. I put a piece of rubber between the stereo and the heater controls underneath.

Looks pretty nice, but we can't see the rest of the truck. More pic please! :D

Nice speaker mounts. Did you ever see how I mounted 6x9's in the same place in my 620 I had?

I will post more pics in the coming days. I did have a pair of 6x9's that were in boxes on the floor & I took them out of the boxes and set them in there to see if I could mount them. I guess I could have but its just too tite in those little trucks as it is. I would like to see how you did it if you have pics:)

Here's more pics of my new truck as per Bleaches request:

620mods006.jpg[/img]

620mods007.jpg[/img]

620mods008.jpg[/img]

620mods009.jpg[/img]

Gonna raise the front about an inch and I mite put on the Tahoes I have. Eventually I'll get it painted powder blu satin. Yeah DatFish you can paint it!

:fu:

• 4 weeks later...

No matter what I think or dream about rim wise I always seem to go back to the stock rims and DogDish hubcaps. I have always liked the look. I wanted the white walls out tho so I have to take it back to the tire store.:fu: I also installed my new exhaust. 2-1/2" with flowmaster! Sure beats the old motorcycle exhaust it has on it!:eek:

dogdishes001.jpg[/img]

dogdishes002.jpg[/img]

I could have swore I read "Im going to raise the front" :eek: I must be tired...

After removing the front bump stops the front end was too lo! So I cranked her up about .625 inches. :blink: So dont fret now!

WERE CAN I GET A JDM GASFLAP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mklotz70

We all have datsuns in common, but only a few of the guys on here actually eat in them, sleep in them, and breathe on them. I love art too, but Datsun comes first. The datos are canvas now.....that canvas might change, but the art will continue