DD/Track KA Powered 4 Door 510

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool car, man! What's even cooler is that you race it. Every modified datsun should be raced, but that's just me.

What club are you planning to race with at Thunderhill? We go with NCRC and are planning on going in October.

Keep up the good work!

Cool car, man! What's even cooler is that you race it. Every modified datsun should be raced, but that's just me.

What club are you planning to race with at Thunderhill? We go with NCRC and are planning on going in October.

Keep up the good work!

Well I don't race it, and I haven't tracked it (yet) But I do plan on tracking it once a month pretty soon... the engine is the only thing keeping me back. Now that it's finally getting rebuilt... track days here I come. lol. Over time I'll probably make my way up to time attacks or something. Definitely don't have plans to do any wheel to wheel racing with this car though.

I plan on doing track days with NCRC as well. I actually went to Thunderhill in July with a buddy, although I just rode along with him all day. running 2:16s (if I remember correctly) in a lightly modified non turbo FC on R888s. My 510 should be quite a bit quicker than that, even with street tires. Can't wait...

• 1 month later...

Love watching the progress. Can't wait to drive mine. Interesting setup on the intake, what did you use?

It's some flexible tubing stuff designed for automotive applications... lol. KAs like longer intakes, and I didn't want to run mine over to the exhaust side. This is all we could think of... if I had a TIG welder I could make a fancy aluminum intake. I've been meaning to ask around and see how much it would cost to have someone make something for me.

I do believe those are the same crossmember bushings we're using now :D We have stock rubber control arm bushings, and the differential is mounted solid. I'm happy with the poly crossmember bushings, this car is still a daily driver so I can't get too crazy.

I've never actually looked at the bumpstops and figured out how close they are to hitting.... I should probably do that soon. Thanks! I still need to get some front bump stops too, "just in case".

The car does go a little lower with a full tank of gas (approximately 1/4 tank in the most recent pics)

After break in, it's dyno time! Also hoping to finally get this car on a track at least once by the end of the year.

• 1 month later...