DD/Track KA Powered 4 Door 510

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue with the tires I have now is the sidewall is really soft.  At the track I have to run the tires several psi above what they should be at, to keep the sidewall from folding over.  Same thing with Autox, only it's much worse (especially at a concrete site)  This is part of the "body roll" everyone has mentioned :p  Can't wait to see what a stiff sidewall tire is going to do to the steering and handling.

• 2 weeks later...

Anxiously waiting a 510 driver approved review... looking into new tires for the wagon. 

Very nice driving in the videos, I keep watching them with small twinges of pride every time I see a 510 pass up some spec miata or brz

These tires will pretty much be track use only, at 200 treadwear they wouldn't last long on the street.

aes7f7Q.jpg

1 month until Laguna... hoping to get a couple of things done on the car before then.  The driveshaft has always been slightly bent... never got around to taking it back to the shop.  I need to rebuild this 2nd driveshaft I have, then have it shortened (hopefully done right this time)

The car is getting CVs soon.... doubt they will be done in time for Laguna.  Definitely looking forward to less vibration and a bit less power loss through the drivetrain :D

• 3 weeks later...

I got new rotors for the track pads (the old rotors didn't like swapping between ceramic pads and semi metallic pads) and popped them on this weekend.  Discovered these cracks in the track pads.. has me kind of worried.  I've only done 3 track days on these pads... not sure if I need to upgrade to XP10s?  Def need to get some brake ducts setup.  I sent Carbotech an email, we'll see what they say.

IHur1v3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yours is cooler...

is said chick attractive?   ;)

She is aight, hella cool though and she's a racecar driver!  She races a Mustang in SCCA T2 and Spec Mustang.

Good lawd look how huge that mustang is!!! What happened to cars, they're all so bloated now.

Dime looks good man! You show that mud stain how a real car corners?

Not yet... I'm waiting til I can show her on track.  510 is fun up in the hills but I can't push the car or the tires anywhere near their limits without having near death experiences every turn.  We're looking to do the Thunderhill 5 miler in October.....

Picked up a set of S13 SE wheels and bought new tires for them.  Can you say, dorifto time??  The wheels are pretty messed up so I plastidipped them.  15x6 +40, 185-60-15.

1jGjiK8.jpg

p9KqaW2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...