DD/Track KA Powered 4 Door 510

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.  I was watching your videos and was curious.  I will probably autocross my car as well when it's finished and I was trying to get an idea of what kind of grip to expect.  I have 15x7 +28 on front and 15x7.5 +20 on rear.  I'm using the new BFG Rivals Street Tire (200TW).  So I may get a bit more grip from wider rears and a stickier compound.

I autox'd a MINI for a few years.  Great car for the sport because of it's small size. It looks like a 510 wil be a great car for autox as well. Small enough to be lethal.  

so i watched .. .loved the vid...... can i ask u a silly question ..... do your belts loosen up or is it just a habit to reach up and grab them ..........i do some wierd habits when im on my bike ..........fuucking car is quick and looks fun as hell

so i watched .. .loved the vid...... can i ask u a silly question ..... do your belts loosen up or is it just a habit to reach up and grab them ..........i do some wierd habits when im on my bike ..........fuucking car is quick and looks fun as hell

I do that all the time in the car... its all in my head, making sure the belts are tight before I get ready to "go after" a lap

• Like 1

My seat doesnt hold me in place too well so I'm always moving around... just makin sure the belts are still tight.

Idk about laptimes, I was goin pretty quick but there's a lot more time to find, particularly under braking.

There's no need to drive ten tenths during a track day, last thing I wanted to do was spin or go off. Could prob post a 1:49ish, I think MX5 Cup cars run 1:35ish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Track day #3 done.  There are a few things that need to be done before the next track day.

The stock fuel tank obviously wasn't designed for this kind of driving, I get fuel starvation every lap in turn 2, as well as coming out of turn 1 sometimes.  At Laguna Seca I was getting fuel starvation coming out of turn 2 if I had less than half a tank of fuel.  I think it's time for a fuel cell, need to do some research before I make any decisions though.  Not sure if I like putting that weight behind the rear axle line, but at least it will be lower than where the stock tank is.

The steering column angle is, well, terrible.  I doubt this will happen before the next track day, but this thing needs a full cage and I want to custom mount the steering column... I feel like I'm driving a bus. :sleep: 

I'm an idiot and I left the GoPro on during the lunch break... battery died in session 3 just as it was getting exciting. :(  At least I got session 2, it's funny watching me deal with the extra weight of a passenger :)

• 1 month later...