Tomoe 51o

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Dude I totally do but I couldn't make it over, I didn't have a baby sitter for a ling amount if time and got hung up while I was buying a sweet ass bumper for the car.

I hope we can meet up really soon

well you got my number so........ don't take 3 months or i'll scrap it

Can't wait to pull the rest of the parts from the engine bay, wd40 all the rusty bolts in hopes they won't snap off like most of the fender bolts did, I hate tapping and threading.

Cut more rear fender this morning, my measurements show I should e able to fit 18/9" wheels in the rear and they will be perfectly tucked into the fender.

That's a big wheel, maybe bigger than I want but it's nice to have the option.

Well wd40 is what I got, the wife is starting to get upset about all the parts I've been buying so I have to hold out on more tools and parts for a bit but I have a ton of work I can do on the car for a while with out having to buy anything else except the gas tank I have lined up.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my outer tie rod ends, still waiting on the inner tie rods and balljoints, I have my 3m 8115 body panel adhesive now and I'm just waiting for someone to come help me weld these pans and fenders to really start the fun body work.

Datsnoob said he will be here this weekend to do some welding. Thx dude I really need it.

And, I pulled the wire harness. The brake lines, the master cylinder, and cut out the beat up ass valance.

Most of you heard of the bad news that happened last week, but rest assured that I'm not given up, I will get this car running. It's my obsession.

Keep your head up.

The wife and go to Vegas all the time. Love the night life there. Last year we went for almost 3 weeks at 3 different times. We try not to conflict the Datsun addition with the LV addition.

You'll get through it, one step at a time.

Guest DatsuNoob

DUDE! :blink: THAT'S MAAAAAJOR work on the floor pans!! Wondering if you have any sheetmetal we can use for reinforcements. Loos like we'll need to gusset some stuff and make some new points of attachment once the pans are trimmed to fit. Holy hell! :o :D looks like maybe a 2 trip job? :lol:

I have carbide drill bits, and yes it's a lot of work left, I didn't really know how to prep the floor pans because I'm not a welder, but the advice you gave me was well received datsnoob.

So below is the floor pans, or actually below is the huge holes where the floor pans should be.

55cdd4b0.jpg

And this is the rear pan

7cb10909.jpg

So what my plan is now from datsnoobs advice is to measure out the gaps in the pans, then cut out the rust and grind off the rust tell I have solid metal, then I need to find a sheet metal supply shop and get some new material to fit into the areas beyond what the new pans will replace, measure it all up and then get one of those super cool ratsun members to weld it all up.

The rough sand it all and grind the welds smooth, use a poop ton of seam sealer ten por 15.

So the only thing we actually got done this weekend was I finished cutting out the passengers rear fender and datsnoob got most of it tacked and welded up.

caa1e3b9.jpg

We made the wheel well have absolutely no downward arch making sure that is has a full potential for the largest and widest tire possible. I'm hoping to get the pan ready and the drivers rear fender cut out by the end if next weekend.

56cd326e.jpg

I know that I have a lot of work to go but I'm not giving up on my little rustina, plus when it's done people will be even more blown away at how beat up the car was before it was fully restored.

But hey, at least my kids are finally feeling better!!!

4a6910d0.jpg this is Logan

1ccf01d5.jpg this is kingston

Me too, they where sick and teething with molars, needless to say I havnt been getting much sleep the past weeks.

Back to the car, I think datsnoob said we should patch the existing pans instead if a full replacement, so I need to remove the seat mounts so I can get the replacements in place, then set the new pand on top and sharpy out what I need.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked "I never do!!!!" but I was able to finish getting the passenger side full pan ready, prepped all the car and even laid down a small amount of rustoleum to make sure it doesn't rust while I try to get the drivers side ready.

It was more work than I thought and I almost cut off the tip of my thumb. Lol

The car, we can almost change the name from rustina!!!

e86f97f4.jpg

e25f75d3.jpg

The pan, passenger side, finally ready!!!

6f673a50.jpg

42ffcfa4.jpg

d0006daa.jpg

I edged the end of the full pan with water proofing tape so it wouldnt get any rustoleum, on it so we can just pull the tape and get to welding!!!