Tomoe 51o

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so this is the plan, i have alot of parts lined up and when i get my tax returm this week ill be getting the following

radiater, throw bearing for the clutch, battery, shortenned drive shaft, front and rear coilovers and camber plates, 2.50 exhaust and a straight pipe header, muffler, head lights, windshield wiper motors, seats, ratsun shift knob, full boxed rear fenders, front boxed fenders, air dam and valance, and any additional electrical parts i might need, gaskets for the motor misc motor items like belts and a gas tank.

so i have almost everything lined up except for the seats. and linkage for the dual carbs.

i can almost smell the exhaust and hear it running in my head.

I think I might be working to much, 7-10 hour days gets rough. Just have to keep thinking about the car, keep thinking about the build, I took off the intake and the valves looked great, nice shiny metal, my buddy and master ase certified mechanic Patrick wants me to pull the whole motor apart and check it. He is probably right but I Telly want to just throw it all in the car and get it going

Is that a z or a zx trans?

I was told that it is a l6 tranny from a 280z, i measured it up and it looks like it all fits to the motor

It is indeed NOT a 280zx 5 speed. It could be a 280z or 620 5 speed as they are identical. Most likely from a 280z as it does not have the top gear or neutral switches.

Well. I got some real 280z su carbs today "thx dtp" and yesterday I finally picked up my full floor pans, I'm hoping to weld them in next weekend.

I also started tearing down the L20 motor and degreasing it.

It was a productive weekend, and I even made some new friends :)

No prob rustina510 :) ,,, glad you got some good stuff you can play with :D

What head you running? Has it ever been shaved?

Stock u67 head. Not shaved. Yet. Head gasket looks ok but it will be replaced along with a lot of other parts.

My buddy Patrick and I will be doing the motor and I'll be

doing the body and suspension, my good friend is coming over this Friday to help me get the new full length floor pans ready to be welded in.

The new rear seal for the 5 speed tranny will be at the parts shop by Thursday. And hopefully I will be in Vancouver buying the entire trim set up Friday.

I'm hoping to have the body and suspension finished in a few weeks if the wife will allow me to spend some real quality time with the car on my days off.

Stock u67 head. Not shaved. Yet. Head gasket looks ok but it will be replaced along with a lot of other parts.

My buddy Patrick and I will be doing the motor and I'll be

doing the body and suspension, my good friend is coming over this Friday to help me get the new full length floor pans ready to be welded in.

The new rear seal for the 5 speed tranny will be at the parts shop by Thursday. And hopefully I will be in Vancouver buying the entire trim set up Friday.

I'm hoping to have the body and suspension finished in a few weeks if the wife will allow me to spend some real quality time with the car on my days off.

Let you? Who wears the pants around there? Whats she doing out of the kitchen? :rofl: