Tomoe 51o

I grew up working on cars with my dad but he always built American cars, I have always been a big fan of 70's Japanese imports, and now I finally got a 510

588599dc.jpg

This is rustina "fitting name right" a 1971 Datsun 510, my wife call her my mistress.

Extensive rust all through the car, we will start at the floor pans.

As you can see below, the floor pans are totally rusted through " flinstone car floor pans"

bc9da7ef.jpg

Above is the passenger pan

Below is the drivers pan

e6093d0d.jpg

I have some floor pans I was planning on buying last weekend but Xmas put a temp stop to all car purchases tell the new year.

I was able to get a pretty good looking l20b motor and it's now bolted to my engine stand, and a nice looking set of 280z dual su 48mm carbs, just need a tranny, looking for a truck 5 speed as recommended my the mad scientist mr Dislexicdime in pref to the dogleg 5 speed.

The first month has been body work, sense buying the car I have removed over 100lbs of rust and have removed 2"thick bond from every fender, most of the panels can be fixed the right way ad actually the bondo kept the body from rusting like the floor pans.

So I need a few things. 5 speed, intake mani " and exhaust " for the su carbs, but ztherapy has those. And some ratsun experts to help me slap it all together.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanded down the carbs alot today before some ass tard at work complained and i had to stop.

I'm going to try and finish the 200 and 400 grit sanding tonight, that way 600 to 1500 wet sand can be done during non working hours. Oh yeah I forgot I don't have any non working hour available tell febuary!!!!!!!

Oh well, I'll get it done

• 3 weeks later...

Getting the 5 speed after work today, it's a 280z. 5 speed with the lowest amount of miles I have seen on a 40 year old tranny so I'm very pleased.

After I have the tranny I just need a few odds and ends to start the install, I'm gettin close and getting excited to start putting it all together.