Tomoe 51o

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let you? Who wears the pants around there? Whats she doing out of the kitchen? :rofl:

Lol have you been married? It's a tug of war that never ends dude. I work overtime ALL the time in order to have funds for my car above the bills and stuff, then on my days off she gets mad about me in the garage not spending time with her and the twins.

This is something i want to use to bond with my

Kids just like my old man did with me, they just aren't old enough to hold a flashlight or push a break pedal yet. :)

I am married, have been for almost a year, been with her 6. I have 4 kids, and one foster kid. I know about NO time. I work all the time, never know when my days off are, and she gets pissed when im out working on the car too. Seems most times i end up doing whatever needs to be done, then whats left of my time i get to spend on the car. but lately, i just say nope, gotta work on the car n get it ready... Canby is coming and i want to have it a good runner by then

• Like 2

so yesterday and today i have been installing my coilover suspension system on the front, trying to get it all in their and droped as low as she can go on this system, getting them on the front will be a bit harder than the rear so i wanted to start their first to get it out of the way, so here we go

wheel is off and as you can see the entire suspension and brake systems are toast, some of the components can be sandblasted are repaintd but all the bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends have to go, plus the brakes and rotors but we are installing the suspension so they will stay for know.

c7dc516e.jpg

got the spring and strut out pretty easy, and the bearings on the spindle looked realll good to so thats some good news

4627c36b.jpg

once i get the the drivers side finished today, i will slowly take all this apart again when it comes to paint, but until i get the ball joints and tie rod ends, the car is starting to look like a car again instead of a pile of rust.

3678a4ad.jpg

these are the coilovers im putting in, thx troy ermish and the ratsun members who have helped me with parts so far, their is still a lot of stuff ill need to actually get her running, but when im finished, old rustina should run strong for 150k miles before anyything should go bad, im replacing almost every single pat. lol

7957b513.jpg

well... i better go get the drivers side done now.

<br />Don't forget to buy moog steering pieces look for the 555 stamped on them auto zone can get most the bit's<br />I think h2theizzo know's where to get a whole steering kit.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

thx dude, i have my dad to thank for a great price on new ball joints and tie rod ends, it cheaper for him to buy them at a old school import parts store in my home town in a.z where my uncle works and ship them here than it is for me to by new here in oregon.

just finishe the other side, one of the shocks top bolt threading was a little messed up and i didnt notice it during the pre inspection ;(, but i have a thread kit so ill be taking care of that once my boyz go to sleep tonight. so this weekend i replaced all the bushings in the front and installed the coilovers, next weekent we will be doing all the rear bushings and installing the coilover kit

I was able to look at a few boxed fenders in and out to see how it's done, I'm pretty confident my plan will last a lifetime and not rust out.

Then the front spoiler will be foberglassed and molded to the fenders and front valance to like one peice.

I'm under the car now so I need to get back to work before the wifey leave to work and I have to watch the boyz

I'm goin to go pick them up around 4 ish. It took me for ever to find that eyebrow trim and lower grill trim but he said it's in good shape, I Wouk have never found that stuff at a decent price with out ratsun.

I'm getting the trim I need, tail lights, bumpers, hood and trunk lid, and something I can't remember.

That guy chris is pretty dam cool

The trim and tail light first, then I'll get the bumpers and

Hoods next week.

Dislexicdime was telling me "good

Luck" that the eyebrow trim is really hard to find, but he didn't realize my OCD with hunting down parts rofl

I'm hoping I can have the entire front end finished in a few weeks, I still need someone to bring over a cherry picker so we can pull the l16 and auto tranny but I don't have a truck.

So if anyone wants a free lucnch and a few good beers, grab your buddies picker and come over for a fun day of Datsun work.