Tomoe 51o

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. Thx for the compliments guy, no point in coming I've izzo tell I have EVERYTHING this prepared and ready to weld up. The drivers side is getting it next weekend, then the rear drivers wheel well, and I have created a whole lot of extra metal we can use from all the trim work on the body and the pans.

Cleaned it up and it's perfect steel, more than enough to do the job. And it's kind of neat recycling the metal so it stays with the car.

Wait what? Haha, that post looks like you typed it in a hurry half asleep. I can do the floor pans (thought thats all you needed me to do) Have to be careful not to go to fast or do to much at a time in one spot due to warpage. I will try doing some body panels if you want, but i've never done them and dont want you to be mad if something warps a little. ;)

Btw, do you have a compressor? I can bring mine down and hook it up also. I have an air nozzle so after i weld a little bit i can shoot it with some air to cool it down to help prevent the warping..

Izzo, you'll be fine. Just keep you "spot welds" spaced about 2' apart as you go around on the body panels. If you try to cool it as you go, you will warp it.

The floor boards aren't that big of a deal. I'm sure he's going to put something for carpet.

Izzo, you'll be fine. Just keep you "spot welds" spaced about 2' apart as you go around on the body panels. If you try to cool it as you go, you will warp it.

The floor boards aren't that big of a deal. I'm sure he's going to put something for carpet.

2ft?

Guest DatsuNoob

Make sure those edges are CLEAN. You saw how shitty a weld takes to painted steel when we were doing the wheel well. Have a coffee can of water and a rag handy for cooling, and warping shouldnt be a big issue. you could even hold things down in place with a couple self tapping screws if you're worried about anything becoming mislocated, but I think you'll do fine. Probably best to drill some holes in the pan and plug weld it to the supports below. I'm glad to see you moving forward. Looking a helluva lot better! :thumbup:

I can't wait to get te drivers floor prepped and ready, last weekends progress made me feel really good an I have been itching to get back in the garage all week!!!

When can we schedule welding time izzo?

I'm pretty short on cash right now, and I don't remember discussing a price for your help, let me know and I'll make it work.

Thx again to everyone who has been so helpfull and positive with my car, it means a lot to me and I like the encouragement from my ratsun family.

eh? im book up this weekend bro. the following i should have the following free. (apr 30'th and may 1'st)

I wasnt going to charge anything man. If you wanna kick me a few bux for gas that'd be cool. Ive only got a 1LB roll of welding wire. may need to snag up another.