Tomoe 51o

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. I saved a bunch of money on hookers by going to vegas.

I talked to my boss, im free next saturday bro. I can throw my welder in the truck and mob down to your place. PM me again with your phone # and address

ok! just finished all the prep for welding, the whole floor pan, trunk pan is totally grinded down to shiney metal, i tapped it all in place and it looks really good, i cant wait to get this welded izzo, your the man!!!!!see you tomorrow dude..go team ratsun!!!

Didn't know that, thanks Phil :D Just curious tho, why would one want to seam seal it if they are going to use por15. Does it help make it more smooth looking when you do the por15 (almost like body filler)? I thought por15 worked best on bare metal. Like if theres seam sealer in there, then it has a spot to trap moisture?

Yeah I don't think their is much need, we foun what works for next time, it looks really good. I'm goin to cut some more metal out and get the replacement ready for next time.

And I'm still working on my welding, maybe next time you can beat the shot out of the metal with a hammer while I weld it in. Hahahahahahahaha

But it was a load of fun, can't waitto hang again izzo!!!!

Come on guys......you know how this works, we need some pics!!!!!!

Nothing pic worthy man. There was to much of a gap to get any real welding done. Its just basically tacked into place. Once i go back down there and we hammer the stuff flush, get some more welded... I think he is going to seal it too before pics. Welds came out kinda ugly, and burned a few holes cuz of the gaps :( Where it was flush, went real smooth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. I was actually able to get into my garage yesterday and today.

I'm waiting on sheet metal from my cousin for the rest of the pans,

So I took some scrap metal and measured it up, and filled in the huge gap in passengers rear wheel well.

Over all it's about 6.375" more room all the way around, I almost got the wheel well totally level "meaning the wheel well never drops before it turns into the fender.

After some measuring I would be able to fit 19" rims in the back " I'm not going to but I could :rofl: "

Again my welding skills suck and the metal burns through really fast but besides one small 3.50" line the rest is almost totally seemed in.

Here are the pics

37a6a99f.jpg

22476aa7.jpg

02ff19d8.jpg

That was the gap, now here are my crappy welds, it doesn't look great but it will deff hold

5cecf558.jpg

02be862f.jpg

82d0a0dd.jpg

And now that I'm working days at my new position at work I'm hoping to be able to get a small amount of time each day to work on her.

Thx for reading.

• 2 weeks later...