Let me introduce myself, and lucille...

calm_bomb

Hey there, my name is Derek and I'm new to Ratsun. I've peeked at a few forums one too many times and decided to join the community. I've finished up a profile and am ready to join in.

I have the fortune of driving Lucille, or '72 510 Wagon, or "little red wagon" as so many refer. She was my first car at 16, and my third car at 18, and now my sixth car at 21. I have always appreciated my car, but recently I have a renewed connection that goes beyond description. She has been fussy, but always faithful. She has also bee a common denominator with my dad and I. He is a long time 510 maniac, and the spark of my enthusiasm for the quirky little cars.

Lucille was parked in my dad's garage in Lower Lake, Ca, a small town a few hours west of Sacramento. I felt a call or push or something to fix her up and drive her back. Since I was currently cycling around Portland many hours away from her, my dad did most of the grunt work, and I flew down and drove her up. An that's exactly what I did. (Don't worry. I fully plan on writing my datsun story soon).

I currently live at XXXXXXXXXX, in a hipster-esque apartment that doesn't provide covered parking. I've spotted several datsuns - including wagons - around town and have heard that Portland has a great dime community. I hope to get involved and meet other Portland dimers.

Lucille just got a newly rebuild l20 engine, roadster clutch, battery, brakes, U67 head, and many other goodies. Next on the list is the 280zx front suspension/brake upgrade. Waiting on the bumpsteer spacers and lug nuts, and she's ready to go.

All for now, see you around the threads

~derek

the pictures below are of Lucille's first drive out of the garage with the new engine, and her at a rest stop while driving to Portland. Both were taken with mobile phones. I plan to do a photo shoot soon, once it's a bit drier.

lucille2.jpg

Lucille.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yeah another portland dimer! Meet tonight. Check out events page . Were not too far. I'm on 28th and Powell . My heart sank for a sec. Thought you had snatched up a hidden gem in that area. Like hainz said buff it out. I'll try and keep an eye out. Constantly driving down Belmont in a blue and red 2 door.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the support! Definitely feeling the love.

Sorry for the late reply. I normally spend all saturday morning doing only datsun stuff, but my internship is priority and had me doing extra studio time the last 2 saturdays.

Thanks 'the-dats-side', I will def be meeting up in Beaverton and checking out the Goonsquad thread. More pics to come, promise.

I have 90% of the parts ready for my 280zx front suspension / brake upgrade. I have 7-spoke rims from a 240sx I need to prep, paint, and get lugs for.

And yes, I'm definitely buffing it. Still have a few more things atop the list though.

Thanks again guys,

~derek

hey man should be a good turn out at next sat's beaverton meet :cool:

Saturday is my day for the dime. I spend all morning and afternoon on Lucille, then go to work at 6pm for a swing shift.

I saw the Goonsquad thread, but noticed the times... Any chance to meet up earlier? I could stay in Beaverton til 4pm.