Konan 040298-020711

Just to let you all know, due to my adopted family here in WA, a reference was placed to the Pierce County Animal Welfare (non proffit) on behalf of Konan. They want to get a second opionion from one of their own vets to see if they can do anything for my Konan at no charge to me. I just wanted to thank all of you for you well wishes and donations towards his wheelchair. It helped keep him more comfortable tha past few months and he was able to play a little more with Emma. Tuesday at 4:15 he goes in for the screening. I dont want to set my hopes to high, but it is another chance we didnt have before. I will keep you posted here and will post a bit of what Konan has done for so many, from a ignored monster on 8' of chain, to sentry, to therapy at a terminally ill center in Southill. He has broke many peoples fear of big dogs and took a bite out of more than a few methheads.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:crying: At noon today with me a sis, Konan closed his eyes for the last time. The pain I am feeling is only buffered by the thought of he is not suffering, and my Emma licking my tears. I at least have Emma to hug and I will probably be cleaning his fuzz for months to come but I know we had a good life together. I will always remember him hanging out of the truck window enjoying the wind and watching the many miles we have shared together. He has touched many in his life and comforted me in my darkest hours. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and as his owner; I hope I will be judged worthy of his love. I first meet him when I moved to 56th + K in Tacoma; He was on a chain and was not friendly. One day he got loose and we meet in the alley. He growled at me and I walked up to him and told him to knock it off, next thing I know I was playing with him. 2 Years later I moved and was on a good piece of land, I found out his owner couldn’t keep him no more and I took him in.

In the ten years I have had him he has saved my life twice, put more than 20 tweakers in jail, and helped 6 people break their fear of large dogs. He has helped raise 3 kids, and visited the old folk’s home in South hill as a therapy dog for nearly a year. Many dogs was born and grew up with him, he has peed on 4 states and 3 cop cars and has helped deplete the world of enough hotdogs to feed everyone here.

I just wanted to thank all of you for helping my mutt puppy out with the chair and hug your dog for me. Don’t ever take your dog for granted, don’t leave him forgotten on a chain. He will always be there for you when everyone turns away. To the world, you are only one, but to your dog, you are his world. Prove yourself worthy every chance you get. And when the time comes, be there for your best friend, DO NOT LET HIM DIE ALONE! :crying:

Wow I have never read such a heartbreaking thread such as yours, I am so grateful that there is still people that live and love their dog/dogs as much as I love mine and my prayers go out to you--and you are right he is in a far better place and is not suffering anymore--Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks guys, gotta work tonight and no sleep, the morning will be fun when I get to put on the mask and pretend it is all fine and say good morning to everyone. I really hate life at the moment. But what the hell does a guy do. I just gotta man the hell up and move on, he was a damn good dog. But damn this hard ass path thats ahead of me. I say again gang, love your pet, give your dog a hotdog and a pat on the head. Dont leave them alone, time isnt as long to them and they go quick. The last year was hard and took him fast. One minute he was chasin Emma, the next he is gone. But I have a butload of great memories.

Dudes, I am man enough to say it with tears in my eyes, I cried when I got home. This is the first time in ten years that I havent seen him when I got home. Damn it to hell I miss my boy. :crying: @#$% all I wished this pain would go away. But I will go thru it all again and again, my dogs give me so much, a few tears is a small price to pay for them.

Wow, man I'm very sorry to hear about Konan. At least you can say he had a great life with you and you were by his side when he passed. I'll def. give my boy a few extra hugs and kisses tonight when I get home. Sad day indded....

God bless you Konan.....