1972 wide body datsun 510

chris67

Here are some photos of my 510 I picked up awhile back i traded my 64 320 for it. It was on craigslist and I think he posted up some photos on here. I know some of you will like it other will hate and its all good. :rolleyes:

Its has been chopped and has a wide body body kit. It also has a 5 speed and L20 motor. It need some work the interior is gutted and some of the glass is plexi which i have to change and it needs a new paint job but I think is a pretty cool little car and it runs and drives great. I also picked up some 18" but I still need some 1.5" adapters/spacers to push them out far enough to fill up the fenders.

Anybody got some interior parts they want to sell me?

IMG00388-20101009-1553.jpg

IMG00387-20101009-1552.jpg

IMG00386-20101009-1551.jpg

IMG00389-20101009-1553.jpg

IMG00393-20101014-1441.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any 2 or 3 things would have clashed with the 510 shape. Everything together with most of the 510 lines erased, sort of .... works. Maybe the lowered roof? I like these rims better, the others are too bling for the color. Maybe if painted Yelllow?

It has everything that I hate on a car, but not hating it. Feels weird saying that.

IMG00389-20101009-1553.jpg

Thanks all I have heard the Challenger thing a couple of time my oldest daughter said the same thing. I know many wont like it becuse it doesnt really look like a 510 anymore. And before anyone blasts me :D I didnt build it and I know it has a history in Oregon (much of it on craigslist). But I will finish it and make it mine I already got started on building all the interior panels. I also dont plan on keeping it the same color since it needs a paint job any way. I was thinking bright yellow maybe burnt orange something that stands out.......... Anybody got any ideas? As for the centerline's I am really not a big fan I never liked the solid wheel look. I got a good deal on the 18" but would really perfer some 16" or 17" wheels and lower it a bit more.

With the low roof line, I would be careful with much bigger wheels making it look cartoony. But thats just my opinion!

I would think you could find some wheels that arent too plain, yet not overdoing it. But who knows, it may be screaming for them biggies when its all Bright orange on the bottom and Shiny yellow on the top? ;)

Sweet... same dude approached me a while back and wanted to trade for my 4runner :P I already have a goon project or I may have considered it. Where in Redmond are you? It’s nice to see it stay in central Oregon... not many of us on this side ;)

Later

Joel

Were on the North end of town

I have always wanted this car, I have 20 Datsuns, pick one or two or three and if you are interested we can trade. Nobody is buying cars right now.

20 datsuns darn that a whole fleet

I seen this car today, looked like someone started something and never finished it, it was a really good start, the top/chop looked good, but it needs a good paint scheme to balance it out. I think it found a good home, and will get completed, can't wait to see it at canby next year. wayno