Sealiks Shit

Sealik

I can see an easy 800 buck bill for the head.........crap.

So......I made up a EGR block off plate for the IM......and bashed the heat shield into submission to make it fit again. :D

Will have to cut it back to fit around the EM.....once I assemble.

EGR3.jpg

Also cleaned up the '69 EM....somewhat

exhaust.jpg

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good job looks good

Thanks man.....just waiting on a few more parts.... TC assembly and rear cap side seals.

And of course the head and block..... :)

Should have it assembled on the weekend....next issue is 'getting' the truck out of 'storage'.

Probably have to winch it out....through the snow.

Shuffled some 720s today.... :D

Yanked this one out....from my outdoor shop....brrrrr

shu1.jpg

Dug this one out from a tent in the front 40.....

shu3.jpg

shu2.jpg

Motor is just about ready to pull.... for the engine bay detail...etc......start that tomorrow.

The Weber underneath the air cleaner shall go the LZ23....for now :)

Finish the color 'swap'.....charcoal beige metallic

shu4.jpg

Mounted the Weber....had to flip the throttle linkage 180 degrees to make it work.

I plugged this hole..(where the screwdriver is pointing)....correct?....it did have a fitting on it prior. But..in this app..and seeing that it is not going to be circulating back through the head......????

Not knowing.

Where the screwdriver is pointing.

plug3.jpg

Just read part of the LZ22 Engine thread....

Mike says.....

..." This can be run with or without the water intake. You don't need to plug the holes. The intake gasket will seal it just fine. If you are running an intake with water in the runners the outlet, in front of the carb base, must be plumbed into the return lower rad hose inlet to the timing cover"...

Guess I'll be plumbing it in. :)

Run what you have. Higher lift needs stronger springs.

Rocker pivot torque? I'll ask.... asking, hang on..

The thickness from the valve cover gasket surface down to the head gasket surface on an un-shaved L head is 4.248" from the factory.

Run what you have. Higher lift needs stronger springs.

Rocker pivot torque? I'll ask.... asking, hang on..

The thickness from the valve cover gasket surface down to the head gasket surface on an un-shaved L head is 4.248" from the factory.

Got the amount of torque....18 ft lbs....slightly slathered in oil.... :D

Ya......got hold of my machinist.... :)

Already looks like I have a problem....fuck.....the short (1 3/4") bolt that holds the one side of the cam tower seem to be somewhat stripped...dropped it into the hole....and it's sitting just about flush. Won't even tighten up. :angry:

Just on the 3rd cam tower

Yes...that is good know.

Please don't hesitant on any further input... :)

Could use a few more 'eyes'.... :D

So.....on another shitty note....the threads in the head have to be cleaned/tapped to accept the rocker pivot studs.

Should of checked the holes prior... :blink: ...never assume.....couldn't get one to seat in the head without exceeding 18 lb.

Think I went a little farther than I should of...ooops...:)..when I backed it out I picked up some crud and slightly scored the threads.

No tap that size....soooooo...I can find another sacrificial stud to tap the hole.

How do I cut/prep the threads?

Large hammer...??? :lol:

Not impressed.

Studs and towers should of been re-installed.....head was 'intact' when dropped off.....less cam/rockers.

So....managed to seat the 1 rocker stud. The threads near the bottom of the hole were somewhat NFG for some reason.

Grinded the side of a bolt as per Mikes instructions....in and out...many times to re-tap the hole.

Got some longer bolts for the cam towers...worked out good....cam spins....no anomalies.

Need a couple more rocker studs....2 are fucked/threads are damaged.....Merlin...:)...?

shad.jpg

Mocked the engine up to see how it sits....relative to carb (level) and pan......hmmmmmm....not good.

I can see some issues......

mockup1.jpg

mockup.jpg