Sealiks Shit

Sealik

the one on the right dont loom right for the whole locations. cant see the timming marks.

Sorry you had such bad luck

Beck Arnely has always been good in the stuff I got.

But then again I always get my stuff ahead a year or earlier know what I need first .

I have done the same getting bad parts. Most time I dont even return them. I just give them away to a Ratsun member that is really cheap and whatch him get so exciting thinking hes beating the system

Well...if you're giving shit away....bring it on. ;) ... :D

So....I knew had a newer Beck Arnley TC assembly in one of my engines....just wasn't sure which one :blink:

Pulled one (mid left in pic).....didn't have the timing notches, the only one without notches out of the 6

rrr.jpg

Pulled another from my EFI truck (made sure it had the notches prior/bottom in pic)....seems like it's the Beck....totally different than the others.

The mid right one is also apparently Beck Arnley. It's about 1/4 lb heavier (more meat) and has a groove in it, where the pen is pointing. Also has 4 small holes drilled right through gear. Slings oil better?

But....the 2 center one's are the most similar...rough casting...hmmmmmm.

While I replaced the one cam gear in the EFI truck, I also set the gear at no. 3 position.

See if there is any difference.

tim.jpg

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo...the parts store called Beck Arnley to see why I got the 4 hole cam gear (with aligning notches that can't be viewed through the holes) instead of the 8 hole posted on their web site.

Thanks to me... :D ....they will be changing that pic because the 8 holes are discontinued, no more will be made.

The only 8 hole sprockets left out there are old stock....so grab them if you can.

They also stated that the holes in the cam gear are for venting...and not for 'aligning' the cam gear to head.... :blink:

Said I should call them and explain this necessity.

On another note the truck runs a little better in the no. 3 cam gear hole.

Also....it looks like the air/fuel ratio is lower/richer...that is good.

On another note the truck runs a little better in the no. 3 cam gear hole.

Also....it looks like the air/fuel ratio is lower/richer...that is good.

It should as the intake is closing sooner. Bet the vacuum at idle is higher now too.

Some eye candy for you sealik. since i know you love these trucks, here is one that arrived at my door today :D

From what I can see it looks pretty clean....???

I believe you paid a pittance?

A good 4x4 up here is worth a few bucks.

How are the cab mounts, rad support and the box underneath the bed liner?

Plans?

It should as the intake is closing sooner. Bet the vacuum at idle is higher now too.

Yup....that's what I figured... ;) ... :D

Pulled the vacuum gauge out and sent it back...NFG

Haven't installed the new one yet...might throw it in the LZ truck

I stand corrected....

Something didn't seem right...so I checked all my old pics...posts.

rrr.jpg

The slightly used Beck Arnley cam gear is on the left...mid pic...with no notches

To the right of it is the new Beck Arnley..(as I stated earlier)....with notches...which can't be viewed through the vent holes.

I believe the bottom sprocket is just a cheap aftermarket one.

Like to use the BA gear on left, to 'match' the new chain...sooo...gonna try and notch it.

From what I can see it looks pretty clean....???

I believe you paid a pittance?

A good 4x4 up here is worth a few bucks.

How are the cab mounts, rad support and the box underneath the bed liner?

Plans?

Rad support/box/cab mounts are solid, no rust. Battery tray leaves something to be desired. Its pretty clean, needs a head gasket, windshield. Plans are to just change out the head gasket, remove all emissions, weber 32/36. Just a daily driver.. Maybe down the road do a lift. 3" body, 2" suspension. Lift kits are fairly cheap, but the tires to go with it are expensive :D

Excellent...sounds like a keeper.

Nothing like locking some hubs in and heading off road. :thumbup:

Are those auto hubs....? Can't confirm from pic.

On another note....laid out the BA cam gear and notched it. :D

tra.jpg

'stalled second set slightly slathered side seals Saturday at 6....seriously :D

Say that 6 times... :lol:

(rear cap side seals)

Anywho...

Needed something to pre lube the engine.

Just an extension for a spade bit..end for end, with the 1 end grinded somewhat flat to fit the pump.

lube.jpg

I'm counting dead flies on the window sill waiting for good weather.

:lol: This is my first year with a heated shop . i didn't know how i did it in the winter without one ... oh wait... thats why I have 6 project dattos gathering dust.... I DID NOTHING IN THE WINTER CUZ It WAS TO FRACKING COLD IN CANADA :lol:

.. off to north Thompson to continue "bondo Saturday"... which has been held over due to more Bondo... that rear quarter panel I dropped on the engine stand is a M-E-S-S... probably a days work just on that...

On a positive note, your 710 coupe is melting out of the snow as we speak...

you must be sooo bored lol! still waitng on parts?

Ya...got the 'cabin fever'.... :lol:

Just waiting on the valve spring retainers, then finish the assembly.

Truck will be going to my buddies down the road this week to paint the engine bay.

Spring is just around the corner :hyper:

I'm counting dead flies on the window sill waiting for good weather.

I've looked for the flies.....don't have any yet...in hibernation like me. :lol: :lol:

:lol: This is my first year with a heated shop . i didn't know how i did it in the winter without one ... oh wait... thats why I have 6 project dattos gathering dust.... I DID NOTHING IN THE WINTER CUZ It WAS TO FRACKING COLD IN CANADA :lol:

.. off to north Thompson to continue "bondo Saturday"... which has been held over due to more Bondo... that rear quarter panel I dropped on the engine stand is a M-E-S-S... probably a days work just on that...

Would imagine he kept the hood up all winter..... :o

That 720 L trannie any good....the 1 you have?

dunno... wanna tear it down? its accessible

Any history on it...?

Don't know which trannie I'm gonna use yet....L or Z.

Maybe just the L bell on one of my 26" Z trannies...????

Not sure how much I can lean the engine till I drop it in, I can't really lower the passenger side because the 4x4 oil pan is pretty tight already. I want to raise the drivers side just enough to get the carb sitting somewhat level. Thinking I might be able to cheat and shim the Z trannie mount, and bend the shifter a bit if need be.

L leans 12 degrees to passenger side....Z to drivers side at 4...give or take.

Shooting for about 4 degrees to the PS.

I'll just run 14 inch tires on the PS...and 15s or 16s on the drivers side, level it out a little more... :lol: :lol:

The goons are, the sedan is in the salon getting a make over. Should be done some time in April. Then the goon goes in for the same. Well, just paint. Got to get those fucking struts figured out well before then so it rolls. Would like to go to Canby with the goon but have the sedan as a fall back. The goon would carry a lot of for sale items in it.

Should of waited till spring... :blink: ..but I needed another trannie. :D

That really sucked.

Had to winch/pivot the motor back....MMs were MIA

Finally got it out.....but the shifter won't go over and 'select' 5th or reverse????

Seems to shift nicely from 1st to 4th, also looks like it's been apart before...RTV.

Oil was drained about a year ago....don't remember anything abnormal on bung

tp.jpg

Believe it's a 85 trannie with the larger counter shaft bearing

On right...

tp1.jpg