67 411 sss build thread

erichwaslike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i know the 1600-1300 had different trannys but i didint know if the 1300 had 2 differnt ones cause the one in the yard is early with the big tranny tunnel and the 67 1300 from my old shop had a small tunnel so there must be one somewhere... i heard the pl410s had e1 motors...1200?

• 2 months later...

yes there was a photot shoot with an EX gf and we no longer speak of her!

that being said.... heres my update

ive put in some work on the car lately. i recently got new tires, machined up an alt pulley to slow it down so i quit torching them, swaped and spooled the rear axle, and took the car "drifting" used loosely.

i got an axle out of a 1300 car in ther jy got it home and taken apart, cleaned up, welded, and put back together b4 i realized it was not an h190 but an h165 so i said eff it and ran it. heres some pics of that whole process

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

and some shots of the car sitting on the leafs just for fun.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

heres some pics of the pulley i made. it started as a square chunk but for got to take pics till i got it round

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

im pretty proud of that thing^^^^^

next thing i got some tires

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

lastly i may have got some nos bluebird emblems... also put on the visors on my fogs

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_02551.jpg

and just as a teaser and to make u all jelly even more heres wat my driveway has in it noaw!

IMG_0136.jpg

ill have pics from the track last thursday soon

well thats it...

• 8 months later...

What size and type of fog lamps are you running and where did you find them. Still sitting on two cut coils on front with the three inch blocks in the rear? full stock spring package in rear? Car looks great, Sorry to hear about your parts getting ripped off. Hope it was not a fellow Rat. atre the fog eyelids the same as your headlamps? Sorry so long winded...

What size and type of fog lamps are you running and where did you find them. Still sitting on two cut coils on front with the three inch blocks in the rear? full stock spring package in rear? Car looks great, Sorry to hear about your parts getting ripped off. Hope it was not a fellow Rat. atre the fog eyelids the same as your headlamps? Sorry so long winded...

the front is 2 coils. the rear i took the longesty leaf in thew pack other than the main leaf and flipped it upside down and clamped everythign back together. it flattenes the pack out and rides a lil stiffer. no blocks but it sits the same as a 3 in block and has no axle wrap when you dump the clutch like you get with a tall block. thw fogs i got from drews dime on here. he still has some for sale if you hit him up and his fs thread had the measurements. the eyelids arent the same as the head lights. they are a bit smaller. if oyu hit up any of the old chevy truck places they will have em for the old ge style fogs that are liek 4 inch. also the fogs that drewsdime has have real amber ge bulbs in em....

• 3 weeks later...
Which was plenty of time for you to post them here.   B)

i didnt build the gf, just kept ther well lubed and checked her oil with my dipstick regularly.... this is the thread for the car, there is a thread dedicated to the shoot.... id prefer to keep the build thread smut free and the smut thread build free lol

• Like 1