67 411 sss build thread

erichwaslike

i just got this 67 411 sss and am going to tyr to restore it to some extent while also having some fun with the car. the car is missing some interior and a windshield that im trying to locate right now. other than that the car is complete. all the drivetrain is there and untouched. the car is still in stock paint tho a lil oxidized i already tired and buffed a small section out and it shined up ok. it is an automatic. ive done some research on these cars but am still new to the 411, any constructive criticism or help along the way would be greatly appreciated. let me know wat u guys think of her.

heres my new baby

my car(donor) with the 411 wagon behind it(the resto car)

SNC00759.jpg

SNC00757.jpg

SNC00758.jpg

SNC00756.jpg

the back seat is still perfect

SNC00761.jpg

and the proof its a tripple s and the part i buffed out to see if it would shine up

SNC00762.jpg

and the whole reason i got the car... the r16 with su's

SNC00760.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That hose connection from the water pump to the intake manifold pre heat is amazing! They are unobtainable for many years, I have been fabricating my own for 20 years. The hardest "original" parts are, no surprise, the front window, followed by the RL411 sized air cleaner and air filter, they are an inch shorter than the roadster version. The original battery is a size 53 and sits in a hard rubber "cup". Peerless Auto Parts in Inglewood [i think, the towns all run together at that location] stocks this size. An after market Honda battery hold down fits just right but does not look like the stock heavy wire gauge hold down.

You also have the original water pump and window cleaner receptical, now to get a proper radiator with auto transmission cooler!

That hose connection from the water pump to the intake manifold pre heat is amazing! They are unobtainable for many years, I have been fabricating my own for 20 years. The hardest "original" parts are, no surprise, the front window, followed by the RL411 sized air cleaner and air filter, they are an inch shorter than the roadster version. The original battery is a size 53 and sits in a hard rubber "cup". Peerless Auto Parts in Inglewood [i think, the towns all run together at that location] stocks this size. An after market Honda battery hold down fits just right but does not look like the stock heavy wire gauge hold down.

You also have the original water pump and window cleaner receptical, now to get a proper radiator with auto transmission cooler!

the original radiator is in the trunk. im telling u guys this car is unmolested other than the interior parts my shop took from it. such a shame

When you get to the point of installing the radiator post it up. I can give you part numbers for readily available hoses that can be cut to provide both upper and lower hoses from one part number. One manufacturers part number even has a braid overlay and looks stock when installed.

• 2 weeks later...
just a quick update. got a set of tenzo sinko rims today. 17x7, white. 2 have small pothole bends and 1 has a small crack. ill be fixing them and putting em on the dat. ill post pics later oh and they were free

so. those pictaurs never happened..... laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

so i worked on it today. i pulled everything out of the car and swept all the dirt and stuff. found out i have the original truck mat and both the cardboard sheets between the gas tank and the seat and the gas tank and trunk. back seat is in almost perfect condition. rear carpet is shot but will do for now. front carpet waas moldy and torn up so i kept the buttons and foot mat from the drivers side so i can make a new one. i also used rubbing compound on the fender and rear door. it cleaned up pretty good and i wont be painting it anytime soon cause i think it looks fine. there is a lil rust in the trunk but it looks to all be surface.

so here they are oics as promised

SNC00834.jpg

SNC00833.jpg

SNC00828.jpg

SNC00827.jpg

SNC00826.jpg

SNC00825.jpg

SNC00824.jpg

SNC00823.jpg

SNC00822.jpg

JCWhitney offers a floor mat set, front-back-and-drive tunnel for the 410 and 411 sedan. They also have the male and female snap fasteners to attach to the tunnel and floor which mate exactly with the factory installed ones. A caution, if you have the automatic transmission, no matter how loudly you tell them, you will get the tunnel floor mat cut for the manual transmission lever. I have these on my 411 and they have the loop pile like the factory ones. The fit between the front floor mats and the tunnel piece need a little TLC to get an acceptable mate but well worth the effort.

JCWhitney offers a floor mat set, front-back-and-drive tunnel for the 410 and 411 sedan. They also have the male and female snap fasteners to attach to the tunnel and floor which mate exactly with the factory installed ones. A caution, if you have the automatic transmission, no matter how loudly you tell them, you will get the tunnel floor mat cut for the manual transmission lever. I have these on my 411 and they have the loop pile like the factory ones. The fit between the front floor mats and the tunnel piece need a little TLC to get an acceptable mate but well worth the effort.

does it have the foot pad below the gas pedal? atm im going pretty much all original with th car till i can afford to start messing with rims, motor, stance, and all that. but i want it to still be all original looking other that wat i change, so seats, carpet, dash all that is gonna be stock.

after i start modding the car... wats everyones thoughts on a cage?

does it have the foot pad below the gas pedal? atm im going pretty much all original with th car till i can afford to start messing with rims, motor, stance, and all that. but i want it to still be all original looking other that wat i change, so seats, carpet, dash all that is gonna be stock.

after i start modding the car... wats everyones thoughts on a cage?

Yes.