67 411 sss build thread

erichwaslike

yup. i now have 4 blocks, one with a hole in it, 4 heads, 2 411 intakes, 2 roadster intakes, a roadster stock header and aftermartket one, one set of roadster su's adn 2 411 su's. one roadster trans and a 510 trans. i also halfway own the block from my parts car. i just have to pay the machining bill for it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so things got really bleak on my chances of making canby yesterday. i went to swap the pan on my motor i was gonna install that was supposed to be a 1000 mile rebuild, but coodnt be proved and i knew it when i bought it, and i noticed alot of end play in it. checked the center bearing where the thrust is and it was almost gone on one side. it has 0.065 inches of end play! so today i took apart a motor with a blown head gasket adn pulled the crank and put it in the other motor along with the center bearing. buttoned everything else up. pan distributor, front cover are on. whole bottom end has been gone thru and retorqued now. im hoping my motor woes are over. next thing to do is build my trans. sorry for being so long winded.

OICS!

SNC00514.jpg

SNC00516.jpg

SNC00517.jpg

SNC00520.jpg

SNC00521.jpg

p.s. i also have a black distributor cap but it has aluminum contacts not brass like my brown one, which do u guys think i shood run brown or black, brown looks a lil more original to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got it running and was on my way. stupid alternator and voltage reg werent working so i made it to fresno and turned back. changed to a gm external alt and still didnt charge proper so i now have a gm internal reg alt and the stock reg is unpluged and jumper wired. works awesome. car is now being daily driven by either me or my dad who needed a car cause my sister is borrowing his truck

• 3 weeks later...

so i decided to lower the car since it will be going to my gfs photo shoot this weekend and will finally get some good shots taken of it. also will have her in some scantly clad outfits and a lil less modeling with the car.

heres wat i ended up with after a few different times of taking it apart and removing moar leafs and coils.

oics

SNC00974.jpg

SNC00976.jpg

SNC00977.jpg

and here is wat the springs looked like, i took 2 full coils out

SNC00913.jpg

i wish i cood get it to tuck like this.... soon....

SNC00908.jpg

lmk wat u guys think

• 4 weeks later...

so heres an update for those still tuned in.... i am going to pick up a "new" motor for the car this saturday. im gonna be getting a u20 from a guy. he says its complete minus rocker cover, starter, and clutch setup. pretty stocked on this. gonna do everything i can to put atleast the head on the car. id love to do a full u20 but i may end up doing a hybrid u16. r16 bottom end with the u20 sohc. shood be pretty awesome. i havent heard of any 411s with a u20 so im hoping i can be the first.

• 1 month later...

i have reloared the car. still have yet to take oics but it rides way better with all the leafs back in and the 3 inch blocks. plus its 1.5 loar noaw. ive since loaring it started to try my hand at some wreckless driving and started doing some canyone runs and such. im planning on doing some video of some of them. only thing is if i get pulled over right noaw i cood maybe talk my way out of it, but if i have the go pro mounted in between the seats it may be harder to say "no ociffer i wasnt speeding and sliding corners.... oh the video camera thats just for insurance purposes.... no id prefer if u didnt reveiw the footage on it" 20 minutes later my ass is in jail and my car is sitting in impound for the maximum 30 days. so if i video it will be not very often.

also got my 2.0 paid for and am just waiting on the shipping to be finalized then i get to start building it for some serious fun!

• 2 months later...