67 411 sss build thread

erichwaslike

so the new thing as some may have seen is that someone has been helping themselves to my 411 parts. so far ive noticed 1 rear door, 1 uto trans, 1 manual trans, 1 drive shaft, 2 rocker moldings, 1 original porthole hubcap. so tail lights and gauges are no longer my main concern as i am now missing half my drivetrain for the car. its useless if i cant find a trans for it. anyone know if the auto drive shaft is the same as manual? also anyone have any extra trannies... i know some of u have already told me of some but im trying to find all my options on this, thanks

also if i find that it is someone on ratsun that has been taking my stuff there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!! not that ill beat anyones ass but ill sure as hell presss charges and all that

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so the new thing as some may have seen is that someone has been helping themselves to my 411 parts. so far ive noticed 1 rear door, 1 uto trans, 1 manual trans, 1 drive shaft, 2 rocker moldings, 1 original porthole hubcap. so tail lights and gauges are no longer my main concern as i am now missing half my drivetrain for the car. its useless if i cant find a trans for it. anyone know if the auto drive shaft is the same as manual? also anyone have any extra trannies... i know some of u have already told me of some but im trying to find all my options on this, thanks

also if i find that it is someone on ratsun that has been taking my stuff there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!! not that ill beat anyones ass but ill sure as hell presss charges and all that

You might want to get 1 or 2 "Game Cameras" from Cabellas. They have motion detection and take IR photos of what or who is moving in their field of detection. IR, so no visible flash. Up side, no flash, you get photos of them in action. Downside, no flash, they rip you off. Take photos to PD and file charges, have police sieze and put hold on all and any car parts on perps property. P.S. did you write down the serial number from the ID plate on the BW transmission? If so a major help in recovery.

Tempting as it might be, don't rig a shotgun to a motion detector, that's a "set gun" and specifically prohibited by the National Firearms Act.

Tempting as it might be, don't rig a shotgun to a motion detector, that's a "set gun" and specifically prohibited by the National Firearms Act.

now is that only if i use a shotgun? i cood rig up a revolver if that makes it legal?

now is that only if i use a shotgun? i cood rig up a revolver if that makes it legal?

No, any firearm set to go off without human intervention is "verboten." It's just that shotguns were more commonly used since you never know just where the idiot will be standing and a shotgun increases the hit probability. Now, a flash-bang might be enlightening in more ways that one! I had a neighbor who liked to "borrow" my tools and conviently "forget" to return them. I rigged up a Tesla coil [wire, oatmeal box and a Ford Model T point vibrator] and hooked it to a pair of nice shiney pliers and left it unattended. 100,000 volts of very low amps later he never tried that again.

Edited to correct refrence, it was a Tesla coil,

ROFLMAO I was going to run those wheels.My ex wife picked them out WOW the bitch did something right bawhahahaha

do it! its the first time ive seen a 411 with them, not saying its never been done but ive never seen it personally

Psychologists claim that the various shades of blue are more calming and that a car in those colors is less likely to be pulled over and will likely get a "watch your speed" and that bright red and Porsche Yellow colored cars are most likely to get ticketed. For what it's worth. Free advice is worth what you spent for it.

ah, it was just a thought casue i know the old cherry blossum wheels only came in pink and gold so i was kinda trying to hit on that, gold is my other thought, not flashy gold but like they wood have come, gold/bronze

Gold/bronze would look better. Any luck on a front wiring harness for me? I have a roadster transmission you can have but as mentioned it will be long. The J13 transmission looks the same only starter is on the wrong side. Does anyone know if the tail shafts can be swapped from a j13 onto a roadster transmission making it the same as the stock SSS length?

shit man i keep forgetting, ill try to remember tomorrow, had a lot going on at work lately and cant keep my mind straight, went from a 3 peerson operation to a 6 person in a weeks time and we didnt get a bigger shop.

yes but 6 ppl in a shop that starts to get crowded with 2-3 makes for a hectic workplace. all the walking space is like 1.5 ppl wide so ur always having to find a nook when passing to jump into or u have to turn around and walk back so someone can pass.

• 5 weeks later...

There are two gasket sets that I highly recommend. Payen, distributed by Repco. Part numbers are "Datsun FJ090" and "Datsun FJ093". Your local parts store should be able to order for you. The differences are in the gaskets for the thermostat housing. One is for the early, like the SAE roadster and RL411 engines and the other is for the metric roadster engine. All fit the RL411! You'll just have some odd gaskets left over. These are full gasket sets, not just top end valve job sets. They have the original design head gaskets with copper washers around the water passage to the head. Nissan sets have gone cheap and omit this copper, Guaranteed to result eventually in a water leak into the number 4 cylinder.

Edited by MikeRL411

picked up my trans today, it also came with a r16 that hasa blown head gasket or cracked head and another r16 that was rebuilt and has less than 1000 miles on it. got to his house and theres a 510 COUPE 1800sss in the garage, rhd and all. thanks to datsun510w for the hookup, sick car too. hope fully ill be putting them in the car in a week or too then driving to canby.

picked up my trans today, it also came with a r16 that hasa blown head gasket or cracked head and another r16 that was rebuilt and has less than 1000 miles on it. got to his house and theres a 510 COUPE 1800sss in the garage, rhd and all. thanks to datsun510w for the hookup, sick car too. hope fully ill be putting them in the car in a week or too then driving to canby.

You fell into a gold mine there!