F My Life

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're heading to school, that means other kids all over are heading to school, which means if you're being an idiot on the road, there are other just as inexperienced kids driving and/or walking to school. You could easily kill someone.

On a much lesser note, reckless driving and/or exhibition of speed is NOT something you want on your record. You're lucky he was nice enough to let you off.

Don't be an idiot. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

• Like 2

so, I'm on my way to school, I pull up to a light, and one of those damn huge ricer-diseal trucks pulls up next to me barfing smoke in my windows. So I'm like, ''alright punk, I'll smoke your stupid big smelly truck.'' and so the light turns green and we both hit it, both squeal the tires and we're both pretty closely matched speed wise. I look at the speedo, I'm going 50 or more, on a 35. And then there's those damn red and blue lights. A freakin biker cop was hidden between two buildings. So, long story short, he 'let me off' with a 300 dollar speeding ticket. Just what I need.

I know, it was my fault, I know I'm lucky I didn't get a reckless. But it's still frustrating.

/end rant.

I need to stop treating Ratsun like a blog.haha. That's what I get for not facebooking or myspacing I guess.

best to laugh and learn

• Like 2

If you're heading to school, that means other kids all over are heading to school, which means if you're being an idiot on the road, there are other just as inexperienced kids driving and/or walking to school. You could easily kill someone.

On a much lesser note, reckless driving and/or exhibition of speed is NOT something you want on your record. You're lucky he was nice enough to let you off.

Don't be an idiot. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

i do agree younger people such as myself often confuse straight line driving and using blinkers with knowing wat to do if the ass end breaks loose how to hit the breaks which way to turn the wheel and how to use the brakes properly

Most diesels in Spokane aren't tuned correctly, but there are quite a few that will stomp things. My old assistant manager Mark had his Cummins tuned to 400 hp and ungodly torque and he took the 510 pretty easily.

Regardless, you shouldn't be doing that anywhere near a school zone. Now that it's done, I would suggest a lawyer, but if the cop marked it as in a school or construction zone, you're screwed. Lawyers won't fix those. If he didn't mark it in a school zone, then you have a chance. Use John Clark here in Spokane. 926-4900. It will cost you the ticket plus lawyer's fees, which may well be worth it if the ticket can be moved to expired tabs or something (cheaper) and in the long run will offset nasty insurance rates since you're young.

For now, watch your ass! :D

Wow... Once again, I love Texas.... I was young and stupid and got lots of tickets in my old 620 in high school... they made me clean out the second story of the City Annex, work at the library, pick up trash at the town Christmas Party, etc.... I think I had to pay $10 for a proof of insurance ticket. Never paid real money for a ticket til I was grown and had a full time job. These days I'm a little more subdued with my driving.. learned my lesson when it comes to speeding... now I only street race in the wee morning hours.... ussually after a few beers to steady my nerves....:P

• Like 1

My 470hp 1600lb ft of torque Detroit is smokin off the line. Especially when I am loaded to 104,000 pounds!! You should see the black smoke comin out of my dual stacks! I can do 0-60mph in about 2 minutes. :D

Imagine what it would do if it was actually burnin that fuel :poke: :D

To more accurately describe the crushing project in Cali, not every person given a ticket for "racing" has his or her car crushed. What they're trying to stop is illegal street racing which involves the same kids/same cars/multiple times, and a legitimate concern for the public's well-being. Just like the Fast and the Furious crappy movies.

And regardless of being Hondas, what a waste of engineering. They could have at least stripped the nice wheels off and sold the cars out of state, but that wouldn't have sent the right "message". I'm torn between understanding why they're doing this and still hating it. Granted I think most Datsun owners aren't placing bets and racing on public roads on a regular basis, thus the likelihood of crushing a 510 would be very very small. And if that ever happens (since I could see Nazifornia in 20 years saying you squealed your tires at a stoplight, we're crushing your car), I would absolutely break many many laws to find my Datsun and save it from that fate.

Realistically though, that's more of a Mad Max scenario anyway. Probably unlikely.

Guest DatsuNoob

So, I realize this thread is pretty much pointless, and I guess I wanted to apologize for starting it in the first place.

I learned my lesson.

Street racing is stupid.

I'm happy I got off like I did and didn't get a reckless ticket.

No, street racing is cool, being a dumb teenage kid and getting caught isnt :no: Remember what I said about having to take your licks, this is one of those times. Kinda picked the wrong forum for a FML pity-party :lol: