I raced a 240sx today!!!!!!

5dimer

I was at a light and a 240 pulled up and said nice car to bad its slow. He said does that big fart can you call a muffler make it go fast. I said lets find out the light turned green and I was gone beat him to the next light by at least 5 car lengths. He was like holy crap what does that car have in and, I said a stock L18 and LOL. Never told him it had an KA24e but it was fun thought I would tell you guys. LOL

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He just told me in person a few hours ago. I believe him...does that count? (Maybe I should follow him around with a camera next time 'cause my goon won't beat a 240)

Hell my Ford Ranger won't beat a goon :rofl:

Back on Topic ! 5dimer that's hilarious :thumbup: ,,, shoulda said prius engine :hyper: :sneaky:

The other funny thing is my car has some kind of tick to it Im not sure if it has a rod knock or what but its still runs good. Im going to beat it till it breaks. LOL

If I remember correctly, those KA24E's have hydraulic lifters; one might be sticking or collapsed. My 65' Falcon's had the same thing since I got it 10 years ago, and I've driven it all over and it's still as strong as it ever was. No biggie.

The other funny thing is my car has some kind of tick to it Im not sure if it has a rod knock or what but its still runs good. Im going to beat it till it breaks. LOL

Rods don't usually tick or tap, they knock. Think sledgehammer vs. tack hammer. Rod knock will vary with load on the motor.

KA24E are super notorious fro timing chain guide wear and damage. The L and Z series worked so well Nissan thought they could save a few bucks by running a single chain width and even cheaper 'clip on' plastic guide covers.

Pop the valve cover off and inspect the chain and guides. My KA-E that I took apart had big chunks of guide in the bottom of the pan.

KA24Eblock008Large-1.jpg

KA24Eblock004Large-1.jpg

I was at a light and a 240 pulled up and said nice car to bad its slow. He said does that big fart can you call a muffler make it go fast. I said lets find out the light turned green and I was gone beat him to the next light by at least 5 car lengths. He was like holy crap what does that car have in and, I said a stock L18 and LOL. Never told him it had an KA24e but it was fun thought I would tell you guys. LOL

shoulda raced him for sum form of paper ya know dollas maybe titles lol