Datto Art-

Thought I'd try to hide a bit `o Datto in a current book cover I am working on. So I put the hood emblem from my 521 on this futuristic machine.

And a little Rising sun sticker for HAinz!

WANDERLUSTFinalSketchdFIX.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd try to hide a bit `o Datto in a current book cover I am working on. So I put the hood emblem from my 521 on this futuristic machine.

And a little Rising sun sticker for HAinz!

SketchTiny.jpg

That is bitch'n, you got some talent :D

Damm, how long does work like that take?

I have a couple days into it so far, (Maybe more cause that bike took some time!) prolly another three to finish it up. Thankfully my wife makes a great model!

This is the secnd in a series. The first one I did is here.

http://www.amazon.com/Grimspace-Ann-Aguirre/dp/0441015999/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199485199&sr=8-1

^That is sweet, but i will say this, with obsolutly no disrespect. I met Chip Foose a few years back at SEMA. And he was signing posters and as he was signing he was chatiing with you and ask what kind of car you had and so on...and the whole time he was talking with you he is drawing on the poster and it is facing you....so he is drawing upside down...He drew me a slammed vert 620 with big o wheels...I got it framed and hanging up. The guy in my mind is the best car artisit I have seen. Hell he designed most of Boyd Condingtons early cars when he still was his designer. But you got some serious talent, I wish I could draw...very very cool...post more pics as you go...

Wow, Fisch, every time I read your posts I keep finding out new things about you that are just plain cool... but that picture is gorgeous...

I'm assuming you sell or take contracts for the pictures, right? How much do you usually charge for something of that sort? And how big is it?

^That is sweet, but i will say this, with obsolutly no disrespect.

None taken 1Lo620! :) What you are seeing here is just a rough sketch. It still has to be finished. He blows me out of the water with cars. There is not even a contest. Hell I've never even actually done a car rendering. But I'd love to see him draw/paint a figure! What Chip does and what I do are apples and oranges. I still want to be able to do what he does though!

Wow, Fisch, every time I read your posts I keep finding out new things about you that are just plain cool... but that picture is gorgeous...

I'm assuming you sell or take contracts for the pictures, right? How much do you usually charge for something of that sort? And how big is it?

Thanks Fil! Prices are kinda all over the board for covers. But I've been around long enough I hit a few K. Back in the 80's the top tier could hit 10K, but those days are long gone and I am far from top tier! If I have the time the finish is an oil painting at a variety of sizes. But I will probably finish this one digitally.

But covers are just part of what I do, as they come few and far between. So I do everything form kidsbooks to card games like Magic the Gathering to computer game concepting. I am a professional plate spinner!

I just signed up with my first Hollywood Agency, so who knows where that will lead, but that kind of shit takes years to develope. I learned long ago not to count any chickens till they hatch!

fisch- awesome sketch man. i find it amusing that you are calling it unfinished, and from other work of yours i've seen i know it'll be amazing when it's done, but for my skill level and patience it's beyond done haha.

am i seeing this thing right? two front "motorcycle" wheels, a seat just beyond her right foot? part of a vtwin poking out there? the front cowl of a 70's cafe racer with an intake in place of the headlight? whatever the vehicle is, it looks awesome. very mad max :D.

fisch- am i seeing this thing right? two front "motorcycle" wheels, a seat just beyond her right foot? part of a vtwin poking out there? the front cowl of a 70's cafe racer with an intake in place of the headlight? whatever the vehicle is, it looks awesome. very mad max :D.

Thanks y'all I am feeling the love!

T-nip, good eyes! What I riffed on the most was a Suzuki Motorcycle. And indeed put an intake in place of the headlight.

Rock!

hey Fisch my girlfriends friend does renderings of cars for a bunch of high profile people as well as being a designer for Jada toys he charges around $750 bucks to do a rendering, check out his site he is a cool guy

1099796900_l.jpg

1001198209_l.jpg

These are some renderings he did a few years ago of my girlfriends '78 Z28 Camaro

http://www.carsbykris.com

Clayton

hey Fisch my girlfriends friend does renderings of cars for a bunch of high profile people as well as being a designer for Jada toys he charges around $750 bucks to do a rendering, check out his site he is a cool guy

http://www.carsbykris.com

Clayton

Woah! That guy is Rad! Bookmarking that for sure!

wow, thats some great work. You're definately going to be working for a long time with your skill.

I kind of perfer the unfinished version you posted here. I tend to like most people's unfinished works. Some times things get lost when they move to full blown color. Love that you put some cool hidden stuff in there.

Anyways, hope you post up a pic of the colored version. I'd be interested to see how it looks.