The 520!

sycloned916

lol told you not to sell this thing, glad ya got it back.. this is the only thread on this forum im even subscribed to anymore.. whats the plans for it now? was it taken care of while it was gone?

He just replaced the rear slider window,That's It! And just drove it? I plan on finally getting Nistune ,Z32 AFM and Injectors so my buddy can show me how to tune it right. And later I plan on updating everything with modern stuff and then Paint.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just spent the better half of the morning (2+ hours) going through the 14 pages. It was like a movie. When i read that it sold i was shocked/pissed/sad all at the same time. Then it came back and now there are updated pictures. Sycloned916 you are GENIUS with this 520. Absolutely stunning. I could not imagine a better Datsun 520. Kick @$$ i will be subscribed to this from here on out. 

• Like 2

Thanks gunnyz39! I love my truck! Haha.  I'm in the middle of re-doing my engine bay and new clutch and flywheel. When I got my truck back there was alot of chips and brake fluid was spilt,So it bugged me big time! So now I'm re-doing it,I have the cab off again and am smoothing the engine bay filling holes that are not needed for my taste. And going to coat part of the frame agian due to brake fluid with some rust bullet! I'll start taking some pic's for you all to see. And wayno that is for the steering sorry for the late reply too!

• Like 2

Just Finished doing my clutch and flywheel,and fixed all the firewall of the truck smoothed it all out and got it looking nice again!

beast3.jpg

beast14.jpg

beast13.jpg

beast9.jpg

beast8.jpg

beast18.jpg

beast17.jpg

Also going to change out some gauges, I'm gonna keep the middle Speedo/Tach,and Outside Air temp gauge and get Autometer ultra-lite gauges,going to run water temp-elec,Oil press-mech,fuel level and EGT gauge. I have the outside air temp on the On-star mirror by the IC and the digital one is gonna be mounted on the filter for the temp going in!

beast19.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Is that still a Trooper application rotor?  Does the caliper have cable operated e-brake like the 280zx?.....and trooper?    What makes it better than the Troopers?  Size? Bore?  I'm hoping to dig into a rear disc setup this summer.  I figured out the Trooper stuff years ago, but I'm all for a better/updated setup :)

• Like 1

The rotors are all 2002 Rodeo's. I dont run a E-brake. Not yet. I had problems with the brackets I had for my set up, it made my brakes drag and make noises,also the caliper was not sitting straight to the rotor. I tried to adjust it afew time but nothing. My buddy who made the 300zx brackets they are straight and work perfect. The only thing different it the 300zx have two pistons and the trooper hae one. But they stop on a dime now.

• Like 2