The 520!

sycloned916

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea cap the iacv completely and just warm the engine by holding foot on gas pedal.. or take it for a drive.. once warm set the idle using the screw on the TB

once warm it should idle nice an since you dont have emissions theres no worrys about passing..

i will admit its annoying baby sitting the throttle some times.. i've thought about hooking up a choke cable or something but been spending money on go fast stuff instead lol

yea cap the iacv completely and just warm the engine by holding foot on gas pedal.. or take it for a drive.. once warm set the idle using the screw on the TB

once warm it should idle nice an since you dont have emissions theres no worrys about passing..

i will admit its annoying baby sitting the throttle some times.. i've thought about hooking up a choke cable or something but been spending money on go fast stuff instead lol

Ok Ill try that. Thanks.

Unhooking the iacv was a no go ran like shit even when warm. I did here a funny noise for the turbo like a bear gralling so later Ill take it off and see. Dont see it being that, it runs fine for a min then starts to lope real bad I thought it was the hks S1 cams but it was like that with the stock cams.

you gotta cap the line where the iacv hooks up to the intake pipe, then plug the intake pipe then adjust the throttle body to get it to idle where you want..

if you were closer i'd hook my laptop up an see whats really going on :(

I blocked the line on intake pipe and iacv and disconnected the iacv and nothing idle was same all over the place. Ran it back to the normal way same. Im guessing its the ecu or someone said it could be the afm wires getting interference. At idle the a/r are around 14.8-15.6 but when my idle starts to act up the a/r's go rich to 20.0-21.8 . Thanks man for the help.

20.0-21.8 afr is lean as fuck dude, my car does those afr's while coasting in gear..

sounds like your problem is more along the lines of loosing fuel at idle, so i would start looking into that direction possibly.. maybe try a stock det ecu? do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

20.0-21.8 afr is lean as fuck dude, my car does those afr's while coasting in gear..

sounds like your problem is more along the lines of loosing fuel at idle, so i would start looking into that direction possibly.. maybe try a stock det ecu? do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Ya my fuel press is set to 44psi vac disconnected at idle. I have a 255 walbro pump, Ill check my fuel system out. Im trying to find a stock ecu now i can try. My buddy might try to check what tune is on the ecu.

Good looking on running Lean. I think I got it now, my fuel pressure gauge was reading were it should be,so I turned up the pressure and it started to run and Idle better AFR at Idle is at 15.-16.5. When I get home Im gonna take it out and see what it does and also get a new gauge and check my regulator too.Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

so you keeping it or selling it

Looks like I'm gonna keep it now Thanks to (lynchfourtwenty). I went to this car show last min. on Saturday at my buddy's 300zx shop and my truck got alot of attention . So far its running good I put about 60 miles on it this weekend with no problems just alot of Looks!

Looks like I'm gonna keep it now Thanks to (lynchfourtwenty). I went to this car show last min. on Saturday at my buddy's 300zx shop and my truck got alot of attention . So far its running good I put about 60 miles on it this weekend with no problems just alot of Looks!

hahahahahhahahahaha.. lynch strikes again!

dude this is one of like 3 threads im subscribed to.. i really dont come on here very often... but i keep a close eye on this thread an always checkin to see who said what ect..

it would be a shame for you to sell this truck, you have alot of hard work into it that unforunately no one cares about as much as you an well maybe a hand full of us here..

Glad to see your keeping it an that i could help :)