The 520!

sycloned916

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the latest on your 520?

So far im waiting on the ARP head studs,I ordered some awhile back and there the wrong ones. But i exchanged them and they should be here Monday. I have everything ready to go,head is on and put together with all new seals,port and polished and ready to slap the head studs in and fire it up. Hey Ill give you a call this week.

oh bro... hmmm.. im not sure on them arp studs man i've heard alot of bad things.. you might consider looking into the mazworx ones..

The reason people have problems with them is because knuckle heads over torque them. ARP said hand tight on the studs and 3 torque steps to 80. Alot of idiots torque them to 100.

Got them torque in with no issues. I was scared on the last torque to 80ft-lbs. I dont see going to 105ft-lbs like it tells you to do. So far so good I got it fired up. Compression tested it got 150 at all 4. I'm going to take it out tomorrow and fill it up and see how it does.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I set them up like qa1 said to put them. I do have bump stops and the rate is 450lbs for the front,its just the front shocks dont really have alot of travel to begin with. I would guess I have about 3-4in of travel I'll check later. But on the freeway at high speeds they feel Nice, its just these jacked-up roads here.

Your spring rate is part of your problem, most people run 300 to 350, personaly I'm thinking 250 to 300 for mine, I have a bad back and want a soft ride. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

He likes the truck but wants power brakes,I was going to try to swap them in but looking at it there was no way to fit it. I was going to put the booster somewhere else but for me to do that I would have to start all over and the price was too high for him. The reason he bought my truck was to swap cabs and put the 620 on the 520 frame but the guy that was going to do it looked it over and told him just to leave it alone and drive it because it was built really well. So when I sold him my truck he wanted me to do the swap for the 620 with the S14 and coils/4-link later on. I'm glad I kept in contact with him!