Skib

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got another super nice 240z seat for the pass side :cool:

0525111932.jpg

What did you have to do to put the Z seats in? new seat rails, or do they line up? I'll be putting mine in soon, but I haven't mocked 'em up yet.

Fray? That throttle cable looks torched.

They do that when the engine block ground isn't hooked up, or when the block ground is hooked up but the body ground isn't.

I assumed the discoloration was from the heat of it rubbing.

the hole where it comes threw the firewall (its a lokar so its got the threaded fitting it runs threw)

and the hole it goes into on the pedal are just a bit off, the pedal sits like 1/4in higher so the cable rubs on the top of the threaded sleeve it runs threw

I can't see how a throttle cable would move fast enough to heat up enough to get blue discoloration. That's gotta be from it shorting to the firewall. The new cable will do the same thing- I think hooking up extra grounds would be a wise investment at this point. Might even make your dash lights brighter...

Where is the block to body ground run? I ran mine from the bolt hole on the cylinder head, over to the bolt that used to house the voltage regulator. That's the stock ground point for all the headlights and alternator too.

Where is the block to body ground run? I ran mine from the bolt hole on the cylinder head, over to the bolt that used to house the voltage regulator. That's the stock ground point for all the headlights and alternator too.

it runs from the very back exhaust stud to the firewall

there might be a second one, I need to go look

An early 74 (late 73 build date). I cant remember when they changed the seat mounts from studs to tabs.

Anyway, any mods required? What years are your seats?

as long as they have the flat/stud 240z type rails its fine.

I drilled new holes for it in the front seat mount and then just drilled 2 holes for the rear in the floor.

mine are both from a 73

as long as they have the flat/stud 240z type rails its fine.

I drilled new holes for it in the front seat mount and then just drilled 2 holes for the rear in the floor.

mine are both from a 73

sweet. easy as.

lost my phone so I cant get pics but I have a geound cable going from the batt to the head, from the batt to the engine bay right next to it and a cable going from the rear most exhaust stud to the firewall