Stereo Systems?

Sooooo I got some of my B210's more important issues taken care of (like I can now put gas in it without it pouring all over the pavement) so now to move on to more fun stuff like a stereo. Except... I have no idea where to start or what to look for as far as brands or speakers etc... I currently have the funds to do it up nice but what to put in there? Any suggestions? Is it worth it to put something nice in when it could very easily get stolen? Or should I put the bare bones. Halp! Currently it has an aftermarket AM/FM/Cassette from the 80's...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

id just put a good set of speakers in it and call it good. its too easy to get stolen, and these dont have that large of alternators to support a huge system. look around the net a little, theres actually some really nice sounding speakers that sound as if you have a system. although they do get pricey

I have loved and do love and will always love the Pioneer Preimer decks that I have, do, and will own. Make sure you get a deck with a usb port on it that will read flash media and digital music players. Physical Media is for suckers. Remove the face when you park it, 99% of thieves only steal what they can see, and what they see has to worth enough to score some blow.

if you really want a good deck that will always be a good deck and you can re sell fast then buy an alpine!!!!! nothign but alpine. i have seen soem alpines take a serious beating and still survive.

I recently installed an Alpine with USB connection for flashdrive and or.

Think I have about 900 songs on it...give or take ;)

Sounds pretty good.

6.5" Fosgates were mounted in the doors.....holes were already cut in panels from previous owner.

PC120034.jpg

Liar! Van Halen won't sound good, no matter how good your system is!!!

I really don't like the front usb plugs, I like to run a cable else were.

I don't know about that........guess that depends on your own jaundra.

Rap?.... Country?,....... gospel....?... :lol: ... :lol:

Jamies Crying kicks pretty good. :D .....if you're into rock that is.

• Like 1

if you really want a good deck that will always be a good deck and you can re sell fast then buy an alpine!!!!! nothign but alpine. i have seen soem alpines take a serious beating and still survive.

Werd. I'm still running the same Alpine 9833 since around 2002? Long time, whatever it's been. It's still a better deck than 95% of whats available today. I bought it's closest sequel, the 9887, for future use (510 hopefully) just because I found a good deal on it. Find another deck with time alignment, 3-way active output, 5+ band parametric EQ, AUX input...good luck :P

Alpine and Pioneer are the brands to go with. People who have Alpine stay with Alpine, and People with Pioneer stay with Pioneer usually. Personally I dont like the design of the Alpine decks from the overall button layout to the colors they use.

Alpine and Pioneer are the brands to go with. People who have Alpine stay with Alpine, and People with Pioneer stay with Pioneer usually. Personally I dont like the design of the Alpine decks from the overall button layout to the colors they use.

I've used both, although more higher end Alpine vs lower end Pioneer. I thought the Pioneer was kind of poorly built, but again it was lower end and I would probably feel the same way about Alpine's low end. You get what you pay for with any brand.

I just bought this jem! mainly because I didn't want to cut the dash on my goon. its a cheapo head unit but it has pre outs, aux in, usb, and a sd card slot. cost me about 50 bucks of Amazon and it looks like a 80's style shaft mount cassete deck so the chances of theft are prolly slim.

04f85951.jpg

i personally like to stick with what i know works and i have never had problems with sony or jvc decks my dad has had the same jvc tape deck in every car he has owned since i have been alive and the thing STILL works speakers i would go with alpine or infinity subs i would go with rockford fosgate amps i like i like sony as well as jenson and rockford fosgate i would hide the deck in the glove box or even under the seat and use a remote

rockford fosgate is the sub to get! Drool. I dont buy sony products because, well they are sony, ever been into a sony style store? I dont have anything to say about JVC. At the end of the day you probably wont notice the difference in sound quality being in a car and all, so get a deck with aux in, usb support for flash drives and ipods, and anything else you might like, such as bluetooth. built in bluetooth is nice, especially since oregon as the mandatory headset rule while driving. Get one that goes with the interior of your car. For moderately priced speakers I agree with infinity. They sound good, but make sure to try and get 3 way speakers.

I like the "old school" look of most pioneer decks. Alpine seems just too ricey if you will for older cars.

But even pioneer is starting to redesign their face plates. :/

This one is about 8 years old, and still kicks all of the newer models ass both Pioneer and Alpine. 5.5volt preouts true power!! :D

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

Granted it is old, but I have yet found anything meaner! ;)

I just bought this jem! mainly because I didn't want to cut the dash on my goon. its a cheapo head unit but it has pre outs, aux in, usb, and a sd card slot. cost me about 50 bucks of Amazon and it looks like a 80's style shaft mount cassete deck so the chances of theft are prolly slim.

url]

I like this one, very very sleeper......although im not a fan of db's....I do like a good fidelity. I used to have the radio on the glove box, but in that time I didnt had a remote and was a lil bit uncomfortable. Now I have a Pioneer 7600MP with a 400W Kenwood amp, two 6x9 4way pioneer speakers and a woofer on the trunk, thats enough for me. I lost my volume knob btw and the replacement costs $20.....

onlinecarstereo.com is good place to shop. I've yet to hear a Sony system in a vehicle that sounded as good as any thing not Sony. I looked at the new Pioneers, and none of the new designs are as slick as the olders ones. I had an eclipse deck once, it was real nice but didn't have a detachable face, so I swapped it out for a Pioneer.

For my truck, i spent about 120 dollars on a Kenwood Excellon X492, very impressive unit! Loud, sound quality is good, many options, couple pre-outs, USB, aux in blah blah. Has it all. I would buy a kenwood any time.

For the car, it came with a pioneer deck, pioneer has always been one of my favorite brands, they work well, quality is great, lasts a long time. Good all around deck.

I just never understood the hype over a head unit I never installed a deck that made a lick of difference in the sound of a system. Other than some with built in eq stuff but really does anyone care I always played with the settings on my amps then my head unit.

I just never understood the hype over a head unit I never installed a deck that made a lick of difference in the sound of a system. Other than some with built in eq stuff but really does anyone care I always played with the settings on my amps then my head unit.

you sir are a platypus :mellow: