69 Datto 521

SRSANDS

Well, Yes the datsun bug bit me.....it could be the simplicity of the vehicles in general.....the fact that they are a blank canvas waiting for each ownes individual creativity to be painted upon them...or the plain fact that the wife thinks their ugly until I add my personal touch, then they are suddenly cool to be seen in.......anyways, I would like to welcome my new addition with many plans for him....his name is LIL BASTARD and yes, the name came with him and I have choosen to keep him that name/////TA DA.....any ideas or suggestions appreciated. I will keep you up to date as it will be slow moving for a bit. I want to take care of the title thing before I put much time into him but........LilBastard002.jpg

Here he is in his glory

I am looking for a L motor for him for now........

Trust me after driving a VG car as a daily for now his life as a putt putt will be short lived but for now he will be my daily as soon as I can get it on the road.....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that truck! But at least get some of your own shots ! :huh: A pick from the road with your sweet dime nosing out of the garage & your hot wife yelling "Get that piece of #$%@ outta here!" :rofl: Dont forget to wear the tite shorts when you go to get it licensed :w00t:

Well, so far I pulled out the crusty seats and carpet to eliminate moisture (it looked liked home carpet but it was factory :0) Of course washed it.....pulled out the bump stops to see if it could sit lower (it didnt). Pulled out the complete engine harness and cleaned the engine bay.....looked at the super leaky rear end....measured the rear blocks to buy bigger ones. Oh and layed under the truck and tried to figure out how the f#$k torsion bars are installed and whats missing.

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010003.jpg

SRSANDS

Was that you on 176th in puyallup hanging a left at winco yesterday?

Ya it was...I live 3 minutes from Winco.....Your location says seaside? What were you doing in my neck of the woods

lol you should put those back tires on the front!

it looks pretty good with those shoes... i bet theyd look good in black on that truck

Ya the front rims have been augered out on the inside to fit the front grease cap unfortunatley....I caould grind out the rears and swap them but for now Im just gonna leave it.....the rears are new and the fronts are worn so im gonna pick up two new 35 series for the fronts eventually

Ya it was...I live 3 minutes from Winco.....Your location says seaside? What were you doing in my neck of the woods

Ya the front rims have been augered out on the inside to fit the front grease cap unfortunatley....I caould grind out the rears and swap them but for now Im just gonna leave it.....the rears are new and the fronts are worn so im gonna pick up two new 35 series for the fronts eventually

I figured that was you! I heard you get on it a lil bit too :D I used to live up in graham, had to run up there n pickup a truck for my brother...

• 2 months later...

Lil bastard is now my road worthy daily!

014.jpg

Major score....mint condition 521 bench!!! Also got the factory Burgundy carpet kit and seatbelts!!!

013.jpg

Factory tank had so much rust I had to customize my shizzle....BEER KEG GAS TANK!!!

012.jpg

Rockin the rallys with the stretch

011-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....after the L20 was installed I was walking....pushing and working on the 521 more than I was driving it. First thing was the alternator not charging....then it was rust in the gas tank (keg fixed that)....then luckily in my driveway the engine harness decided to show me where the short was and burn up.....then the final straw....the bottom end went out on I5. All this happened in a three week period. I was so tempted to sell the jalopy when I decided to give her one more chance. I picked up a fresh Z22 block and rebuilt U67 head from Tdaaj here on the forum and performed the build and swap over the holidays......pics to come. Its very hard to not get on it when the motor has to break in......aghhhhhhh

• 1 month later...