69 Datto 521

SRSANDS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool truck!...... i like how it looks....

how many sets of shoes do you got for your truck... looks like 3 so far. awsome!

Well the ones that came on the truck I gave to Tdaaj here on the forum....they were done for...the Titans well they just didnt look right...they looked good but I needed two more 18 tires for them and I could see them looking good black but I just wasnt feeling it. Now the chev rallys.....they are strong....small, simple...and JDM deep yo! I love them. Thats whats staying on there until I can find and aford something rare and special which may be never. But the plan is to get it as low as possible. Tucking the 8 inch wide 15's. I am thinking I really like dudes 521 with the zg flares....his are bolt on. Since im doing body work I would buy the fiberglass ones and body work them into the fenders and bed........hmmmm ya I am.

Well, I took alot of pics of my actual step by step progress on the shock towers but I have tried over and over to transfer them off my phone to my pc and it isnt working. Until I can get this figured out I took a little with the digital camera after it was done.....hope you enjoy

I cut out the fender wells above the shock tower with a plasma cutter. Place 4" long section of 2" pipe and traced around it. Then I took the plasma cutter and cut that area out after removing the old shock. With the old piece I had removed from the shock tower I capped off the top of the pipe centering the shock and fabbed it all in. Now I can slam the truck and still have almost full travel of th shocks. I replaced my blown shocks with gas gabriels. Up front rides super smooth now. The truck was a little higher than in the pic below and I couldnt believe the soft ride but I had to slam it a little more :) Still rides really nice though.

Upper shock mount extended 4"

014.jpg

012.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

013.jpg

LZ22 for the bitches that change lanes to get aound me thinking Im low and slow :)

009.jpg

Low!!!! And could go lower but I couldnt even get in my garage to work on it if I did :(

004.jpg

005.jpg

011.jpg

The rear isnt as low as I want it....Im going to mini notch the rear maybe next weekend and get for 4 inch blocks...also collecting pipe for a link setup soon

006.jpg

Made a stencil for my doors that took entirely too long and I only did one side today :(

016.jpg

Also got bomb can happy and painted the stripe to match....then got bored and rattled the roof....

018.jpg

When I can get the project pics to my pc I wll put those up so you can look at how I did the shocks

Paint the wheels white.to match

I like the white roof and the stripe.

the chevy wheels are better.

Titans look stupid anyways on old trucks imho

I have a better early L16 exhaust manifold than that one you have. So you can get those nasty bolt under the head

Hainz I have a early L tooin the shop but no down tube.....I really wanted to use it during install

Here is the project pics

Marked out the area above the shock where I needed to cut for the shock extension

IMG_20110115_102512.jpg

IMG_20110115_102502.jpg

IMG_20110115_145213.jpg

IMG_20110115_144547.jpg

Place the 2" pipe on top of the stock shock mount and traced around it....cut it out with the plasma cutter

IMG_20110115_150225.jpg

Used the existing piece cut out to make a new top on the pipe usins the shock to center the top whil I tacked it in place

IMG_20110115_151316.jpg

IMG_20110115_131201.jpg

Ground it round and smooth

IMG_20110115_152603.jpg

IMG_20110115_152544.jpg

Quick coat of paint to stop rust for a bit

IMG_20110115_135141.jpg

Positioned new parts on shock tower and welded in place

IMG_20110115_130308.jpg

IMG_20110115_130257.jpg

Im pretty sure the front could lay frame with the torsions adjusted....but WA roads suck :)

I like the way your 521 looks. Good work on the shock mounts..i did that on my 620 & it rides sooo nice. The Blazer rims & rings are a clean look & fill the wheel wells nicely. You could drop the rear 1 more inch if you remove the middle leaf but you'll want to C notch it at the same time to keep the axle away from the frame.

I sold this truck to Shawn & in no time @ all hes made it into 1 Bad-Ass Ratsun truck. LZ22 & 5 speed the wide-ass Blazer Ralleys. The stance. The logo on the doors. The stripe & painted roof. Everything well done & it looks a lot better in person & fucking motor purrs like a kitten. Well done young man! :cool: :thumbup:

I like the way your 521 looks. Good work on the shock mounts..i did that on my 620 & it rides sooo nice. The Blazer rims & rings are a clean look & fill the wheel wells nicely. You could drop the rear 1 more inch if you remove the middle leaf but you'll want to C notch it at the same time to keep the axle away from the frame.

Thanks...ya there is only one spring and the helper sping back there as it sit....and its on 3 inch bloks so Ive got to do something to get the rear down a inch

I sold this truck to Shawn & in no time @ all hes made it into 1 Bad-Ass Ratsun truck. LZ22 & 5 speed the wide-ass Blazer Ralleys. The stance. The logo on the doors. The stripe & painted roof. Everything well done & it looks a lot better in person & fucking motor purrs like a kitten. Well done young man! :cool: :thumbup:

Thanks sir duggo

did you end up putting a cam in the lz22?

im lookin to do the same thing with my truck... im not sure if icould get away with the stock l20 cam..

i really dig the chevy wheels... i think you can go a lil lower lol

No cam that Im aware of....does have a rebuilt head and block but thats it

hmmm that sounds good then... so this thing mobs out then eh?

It moves pretty good for a non built motor. I have been noticing a little less wide openess of it latley ???? But other than that its good

What size tires are you running on the 15x8's?

I have 195/55/15 on them