68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

Best be checking with Bryon on the dash wiring there Jeff, I'm kinda lost there. I haven't even had my 69 dash apart yet, no time for it all.

I will, it just seems to me why would they make 2 different harnesses? The dash may be different but I doubt any of he censors are.

2eDeYe;10421'']Nice...Bling bling :D

I'm a blinging kinda guy :D

looks wonderful. That is the most beautiful 1968 2-door I have ever seen!

I bet its the only 68 2 door

its coming together icehouse,

whats under the hood????

:D

A v8 :D

coming along wolf man......any new pics?

Those pics are from the last time I worked on it, the day before yesterday. I'm hoping to have it on the road soon! It takes time and I don't want to rush it to much.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I busted out the "mud gun" today and mounted my IC. It still needs to be primed though. The car and every part I own is slightly bent... I was test fitting everything to see how hard it will be to fit after its primed.... Yep its going to be tuff... Everything ended up working out, with the help of my hammer, gotta make room for the projectors :D

P1010009.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010010.JPG

I welded rod stock to reinforce the core support. Its hard to tell in the photo, I kinda covered it up with mud :D hehe

P1010007.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

Thanks its kinda tuff to make any one part of the front straight.... it has creases in the metal.... The rod iron helped but it still needs some work :D I just want to drive the dam thing....

Looking good man, that must be why you didn't answer your phone! Good to see you working on your vehicles for once!

O shit I did notice I missed your call, is it to late?

Those lights are sexy

Dude they have even sweeter ones out now! They will fit your 521 to!

Haha, your pretty good with that "mud gun". And doesn't body work suck! I am doing my car right now, and I am so not motivated to do it. But its gotta be done I guess.

My body work sucks! I just did half ass body work, I figure if I don't crash it I will go back some day :D I kinda want to find a cleaner 68 2 door, I know of one that just sits but the dude won't sell it. Even though it was for sale a few years ago when it ran.

WOOOOAH! you are an amazing Datto Dood.

I want you to work on my car...

I have not worked on my Datsun in ages but I hotwired a Toyota and drove off with it! :D

I don't work on Z's! I might want one :D

It started after sitting that long?

Glad to know mines not the only crooked fawk around here.:rolleyes:

That looks mean with that intercooler tucked in there...I knew you could do it :D

Are you cleaning up the grill or repainting it?

dude it wasn't easy getting it tucked back there, I had to get a different radiator and cut a lot of the body out. Not that I mind cutting the body. Hopefully I can fit a good sized fan behind it :D

I think I'm just going to repaint the grille its to bent and beat up to spend a lot of time on. I really want a Blue bird grille but 750 isn't something I have to throw at a grille right now :(

My body work sucks! I just did half ass body work, I figure if I don't crash it I will go back some day :D

I know what you mean, mine turns out about as straight as Elton John. Oh well, I'm painting it white, and with rustoleum, so I guess it doesn't matter to much.

So what kind of radiator are you going to use...doesn't look like you will have much room.

I know what you mean, mine turns out about as straight as Elton John. Oh well, I'm painting it white, and with rustoleum, so I guess it doesn't matter to much.

So what kind of radiator are you going to use...doesn't look like you will have much room.

I got the same radiator as Ben. I forget his user name on both pages :D haha He has the white and blue bubble flared 2 door with the black top sr.. he runs it in his car and says it works great. So I'm giving it a shot, its very compact and seems to fit nice at the moment.

i saw that car at shasta, the owner of it is pretty cool.

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

I wonder if he would care if I copied his car :D

send me a link.. i wanna see...

check it out dude

They require some serious cutting but I don't mind :D