]2eDeYe

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

Sorry, I don't mean to be a pain in the a**, but how about some detail pics of the cable routing, and throttle body, as you know I have the same swap ahead, and need all the info form you " the guinea pig" that I can get.:D

Sorry, I don't mean to be a pain in the a**, but how about some detail pics of the cable routing, and throttle body, as you know I have the same swap ahead, and need all the info form you " the guinea pig" that I can get.biggrin.gif

Sequence runs from the firewall to the throttle. You can see the whole layout(S shape) of the cable it the engine bay pic. It looks like I can add a stock clamp at the back of the intake, gonna keep my eye out at pull a part. It's REAL nice having full throttle biggrin.gif

Picture028-2.jpg

Picture029-2.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture031-2.jpg

Picture026-3.jpg

Hope that helps

Thanks, since I didn't get my engine out of a donor car, I had no Idea how it was supposed to be routed. :cool:

Merry Christmas to You and Family!

Nice job Steve. This thing should look killer with the other wheels.

Picture017.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

• Like 1

Drove it around town today. Brakes work better than stock even with the stock master. Gonna get a bigger one though for some more pedal feel.

Love driving it. Hauls so much more ass with the better throttle cable. Huge grin, non-stop. :D

• Like 1

2eDeYe' date='28 December 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1293586217' post='399369']

Drove it around town today. Brakes work better than stock even with the stock master. Gonna get a bigger one though for some more pedal feel.

Love driving it. Hauls so much more ass with the better throttle cable. Huge grin, non-stop. :D

Let me know when you get all the bugs out, and I'll fly out just to take a ride. :w00t::rofl::rolleyes:

Took it in for an alignment today. Much better steering response and no more wandering. Next up is the shock towers. biggrin.gif

0122111550-00.jpg?t=1295742084

Did you use dropped spindles on the front or did you turn the torsion bars ? For the rear Im guessing 3 inch blocks.

Truck looks great !

Cranked the torsion bars down and re-indexed them. You are correct on the 3" blocks.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

How close was the shop able to get the front alligned being that low? Looks good as always...she's gonna ride like a Caddy once the towers are raised :cool:

Pretty close, I pulled the spacers. I'm at -1 deg camber on one side and -.8 on the other. I think that's dur to one side being a tad bit lower than the other. That will be remedied when I pull it in to fix the towers.

Did you extend yours 2"?

Edit:

Beds are cool. Was about frame to axle. No rubbing havent rolled the lips either. cool.gif

Picture005-6.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Action shot tongue.gif

Picture004-3.jpg

• Like 1

2eDeYe' date='23 January 2011 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1295836063' post='415589']

Pretty close, I pulled the spacers. I'm at -1 deg camber on one side and -.8 on the other. I think that's dur to one side being a tad bit lower than the other. That will be remedied when I pull it in to fix the towers.

Did you extend yours 2"?

Edit:

Beds are cool. Was about frame to axle. No rubbing havent rolled the lips either. :cool:

Picture005-6.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Action shot :P

Picture004-3.jpg

The pics are cool, you can deliver the cabinets to my house! :rofl: :P

On my 76 they told me the frame was bent on one side, and they might have to straighten it to get it in spec, but it ended up just making it, so that is the main reason I never lowered it any more than 2 inches. :thumbup:

Steve I raised my towers 2 inches & im running new stock shocks...i like the action pix :D

what are the tires are you running the size

225 40 R18

Thanks Pac, 2" it will be.

AAAaarrrgh, my patina :mad:

Dood in an F250 just backed right into it while I was walking away. Got his insurance info. Gonna see about paintless dent repair...grrrrrr

0126111635-00.jpg

0126111634-00.jpg

Got me right in the D sad.gif

• Like 1

dude that sucks. like the work you've done, hopefully you can get the tailgate fixed

Damm Ford drivers...get the insurance $$$ & maybe run it without the gate for awhile. Im sure a clean gate will pop up here thats for sale.

I'm more pissed that the OG paint is irreplacable...The gate will stay on the truck for now, just one more character mark. :)

• Like 1

Could have been worse though. At least he noticed before totally caving it in. Just knock out the big portion and call it good. I wouldn't go through the insurance they are liable to total it!

What's the going rate for a perfect tail gate now days....... hundred bucks??? rolleyes.gif

What's the going rate for a perfect tail gate now days....... hundred bucks??? rolleyes.gif

If you can find one, most of the ones I see are beat and usually from the inside. :lol:

• Like 2

I got lucky and found one but its yellow!! ill keep a look see if i find a red one

Thanks, I found that core support if you want it :)

For sure!! If its not too difficult to swap I'll take it! I will probably start my body work soon with the truck anyways