1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

So Where's The OIC Of It Bolted Onto The Truck? :blink:

It finally stopped raining....but now I'm at work. Hopefully it won't be dumping again by the time I get home.

dope vinyl is that somethin you got from ags. looks gooood and ive put a lot of vinyl on and its a bitch to make a large piece look good so bravo

Yep, get my vinyl from AGS. I have cutter at home that I mess around with. I'm thinking of doing some BRE stripes for the front but it's just a thought for now. I might do some Lil' Hustler stripes in white instead.

and thanks, it was a bitch, took two tries to get it right. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys :)

I only have black and white vinyl at the moment. Gonna order some more red, maybe I'll get some silver also so we will see. I can experiment a bit.

I also got good scaled pictures of the DATSUN letters and the 5-speed sticker and I plan to build a cut file for those. Might try a lil hustler/bre stripe hybrid.

i would just like to say thank you for the thread we are doing the KA24DET swap into our 74 datsun. i had seen on this site a link that made the wire harness issues way easier for that swapp but i cant seem to fing it... i believe icehouse had posted the link and seeling the fuse box..? well anyways thank you we found alot of usefull info on here thank you so much!

:D

i would just like to say thank you for the thread we are doing the KA24DET swap into our 74 datsun. i had seen on this site a link that made the wire harness issues way easier for that swapp but i cant seem to fing it... i believe icehouse had posted the link and seeling the fuse box..? well anyways thank you we found alot of usefull info on here thank you so much!

:D

Glad it's helping with other peoples swaps :)

so did you just give up on the black one?

Definitley not, it's just on pause waiting for funding. Hopefully when I get around to selling this one it will help pay for sand blasting, powder coating and paint.

Love this truck. is there a build thread for your black one I keep hearing about?

link. It hasn't been updated in a while, truck is on the backburner to get some other projects out of the way.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/133-my-77-620-kingcab/page__hl__%5D2edeye

I'll have some updates to add for the red truck, but photobucket was down this morning. Have to wait until I get home this afternoon.

Pic's from Datsun Dave's place last night. Still need to get the alarm installed (he ordered me a better one) to run the locks from outside.

from the DZ install thread.

Button installed in the 620 column. Got a red GT-R button on order. cool.gif

Picture018-3.jpg

Dave's trick to help slow any would be thieves...of course this ain't where/what it used to be either laugh.gif

Picture011-4.jpg

My lock actuators.

Passenger (will get reworked at the alarm install)

Picture009-5.jpg

Drivers

Picture005-9.jpg

Interior switch. Felt a little bad about putting the hole there, but it's cracked on the side already.

Picture019-1.jpg

Got some LEDs coming to replace the lock knobs that will light up when the alarm is active.

Thanks again Dave, it was fun. See ya when the parts come in. cool.gif

Edit: don't mind that ratty as shifter boot. It's the original one and I think it's seen better days smile.gif

• Like 1

Tell us more about the stop - start button, how does it work, how much did the system cost, and what's the difference between the two different buttons? Thanks. :cool: By the way, the whole setup is way cool!

Here's the link to the DZ Start thread, it has info on the options and pricing.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29794-datsundaves-new-startstop-button-ignition-system/page__p__444287__hl__%2Bstart+%2Bmaxima__fromsearch__1#entry444287

Here's a link to the DZ Start Install thread that Skib wrote up. It's a pretty simple install.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30513-dz-start-module-install/page__p__456446__hl__%2Bstart+%2Bmaxima__fromsearch__1#entry456446

The main difference between the 2 buttons is that the GT-r one is red and matches my truck. :lol:

The other difference is the whole Maxima button is illuminated when the truck is running and the GT-R one just has the Start/Stop text illuminated (I think, haven't checked it in the dark yet). The GT-R one also costs a bit more. :)

The door lock solenoids, leds and key fob/control system are seperate from the start/stop button. I saw Daves setup in his Z and had to have it :P

• Like 2

You're quite Welcome Steve.

Thanks for coming over and being patient while I installed everything. I was thinking about how dim those LED's are. I actually have some 18K MCD Red LED's that are WAY BRIGHTER than the ones we installed yesterday. When we both get some more time, I'd like to try and swap them out.

I think you just about covered everything with the links.

I'd like to make a kit but like we discussed (or like I said) it's kind of an involved process, and I'm sure that the average customer could drill all the holes, run the wires safely without sharp edges cutting in, etc. And not everyone would be installing it into a 620 either. The kit would have to be universal and that would take time to document each possible vehicle. It's easier just to do it myself. Ya know?

Great write up though.

Dave

• Like 1

You're quite Welcome Steve.

Thanks for coming over and being patient while I installed everything. I was thinking about how dim those LED's are. I actually have some 18K MCD Red LED's that are WAY BRIGHTER than the ones we installed yesterday. When we both get some more time, I'd like to try and swap them out.

Sounds good, maybe one day this week after work.

I think you just about covered everything with the links.

I'd like to make a kit but like we discussed (or like I said) it's kind of an involved process, and I'm sure that the average customer could drill all the holes, run the wires safely without sharp edges cutting in, etc. And not everyone would be installing it into a 620 either. The kit would have to be universal and that would take time to document each possible vehicle. It's easier just to do it myself. Ya know?

Very true, but you might make a couple $ just selling the solenoids. Not sure it would be worth the trouble for you though, that's why I said to contact you about them. :)

Great write up though.

Dave