jncbot's '76 610 4dr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was telling a few folks up at noobs about my mid 60's Firestone cruiser......so here she is "Ol' Blue"

firestone.jpg

firestone1.jpg

firestone2.jpg

and its lookin like i have a small oil leak... lame!

nobumper.jpg

nobumper1.jpg

i'll get that alt from skunk this week (or maybe today?), i am in need of a new muffler and tip, along with an oil change. also gotta put my side mirror back on and maybe clean my rims today :D

what did you use to buff it out? maybe i already have some?

Some people use that TR3 stuff............ . I always just start with polishing compound and a rag......... and that will get it smooth and kinda shiny ........... but then follow that with turtle wax.... or any kind of car wax

For your rims: ....... Mother's mag and aluminum polish makes alluminum rims looks like crome ........ use 0000 steel wool... .. and a courser grade for the relly rough spots

....and its lookin like i have a small oil leak... lame!

nobumper.jpg

Actually, that looks like it could be the drain plug under the radiator leaking. Make sure it's tight. Mine vibrated loose on the way up to Noob's, so I had to pull over and top off my coolant a few times before it was discovered. That looks like water on the ground from the pic, but you may be right; it might be oil.

Sick bike, by the way.

and its lookin like i have a small oil leak... lame!

nobumper.jpg

I'm with micro - it looks like a coolant leak....

Or, wait a minute, your 610 is automatic, right? Even higher on the list would be the trans cooler line at the radiator connection.

Here's what to do: Grab a drip pan, place under car and over suspicious spot. Put newspaper on the bottom of the pan. Check for color.

Wet/watery and anything from greenish to rusty = coolant, and its at your radiator. Oily and Reddish (like cherry Kool-Aid) to reddish-brown is transmission fluid, and its at the connection at the bottom of your radiator.

here are the pics i took from the other day jessi helped me remove bumpers, stainglass my lights, pulled out pretty much everything from my aftermarket AC unit, and put in new bulbs all the way around after wire socket brushing all of em'! jessi did most of the work, but i now know what the hel im kinda doing! and oh yeah, pulled off the positive and found out that i need a new alt!

here are some more pics.....

507.jpg

grill out to get to the AC "thing" up front...dont really know what its called, but it tlooks like a radiator

510.jpg

the dog tryin to help :D

511.jpg

what we found when i was taking off the grill

512.jpg

515.jpg

jas getting my highbeams out so i could paint them

516.jpg

painted

517.jpg

all the crap taken off the car

518.jpg

going in for a 710/610 make-out session!

525.jpg

running engine lookin sexy!

527.jpg

and now a bunch of hot pictures of her body lines....minus the bumpers....yeah!!!

544.jpg

542.jpg

541.jpg

539.jpg

538.jpg

537.jpg

535.jpg

534.jpg

533.jpg

531.jpg

529.jpg

Don't toss that air cleaner snorkel out(black one in the pic w/ the bumpers and condenser) I may be interested in that condenser too.. if'in you were planning to toss that stuff out.

Jessi removed my snorkel....ill prolly keep that to go with the stock carb when i get a weber and a new header someday down the road.

but the condenser is all yours.....actually if u came down, and helped me figured out how to remove the last of it, you can have the whole ac, and everything that goes with it........maybe trade me something cool for it??:P just a thought :cool:

but yeah, come down and pick it up. i got a pretty big house if u wanna go out and party, and then crash for a night?

let me know