jncbot's '76 610 4dr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, theres ways to test whats wrong.

Pull one plug wire off and turn it over, see if it sparks, use a light test and check the coil also.

yeah thats what i did.

started with taking a look at the carb, cleaned checked to see if it was getting fuel.checked the fuel lines all seem fine. Its not geteing spark, took a plug out and held it to the frame. Tryed to start the car and no spark. Cleaned the inside of the dizzy, the plugs and wires looked new and so did most of the dizzy. then moved to check if the coil was sending spark, an thats a big no. checked all the wires running from the coil, brushed them down and made sure they were all pluged in. that didnt help. then checked the fuse box.

first the fuse boxe is spliced in, so theres no taking the fuse box off un less you undo all the tape and butt connectors <_< . i think i know why some one did this kinda. it has a after market ac set up put in, and the fuse box cover has a spot for it (labeled and all). so i think they used a fuse box out of a later model and cut it in. Thats just my guess i could be wrong, anyways.... all the fuses in the fuse box were eather toast or warped or not agc.

Good luck, theres ways to test whats wrong.

Pull one plug wire off and turn it over, see if it sparks, use a light test and check the coil also.

skunk actually did pull off a plug wire, and it didn't spark when i turned it over. we didn't check the coil...it was starting to rain, and i had to run to work for a little while.

i put all new fuses in, nothing changed....i guess i'll wait till tomorrow and see what else i can do!?

im waiting for my good friend to get back into town to run a whole diagnostic test on the beast, he's on a backpacking trip till friday, so untill then i want to see if skunk, jas, or my roommate and i can get her running at all.

skunk actually did pull off a plug wire, and it didn't spark when i turned it over. we didn't check the coil...it was starting to rain, and i had to run to work for a little while.

i put all new fuses in, nothing changed....i guess i'll wait till tomorrow and see what else i can do!?

im waiting for my good friend to get back into town to run a whole diagnostic test on the beast, he's on a backpacking trip till friday, so untill then i want to see if skunk, jas, or my roommate and i can get her running at all.

dude i puled the wire off the coil and tested it befor we even looked at the fuse box

Did you check for juice to the coil? You can go "old school" and run a wire from from the + on the battery to the + on the coil, and verify that the coil is not bad first. Don't run it too long like that, because the problem will be before the coil (ignition switch, fuses, relay...)

yeah thats what i was going to do next but he had to go to work.

chop chop!! just kidding.

Let me know how this turns out. I am very intrigued by this one...

chop chop!! just kidding.

Let me know how this turns out. I am very intrigued by this one...

[/quote

I wish you were closer to eugene to give me a helping hand!

And trust me I will be as fast as I can! I want to get up to Blue Lake in Aug for the car show!

I wish you were closer to eugene to give me a helping hand!

And trust me I will be as fast as I can! I want to get up to Blue Lake in Aug for the car show!

You don't want the likes of me anywhere near Eugene. I would be buying Datsuns up like hot cakes and making my 610 jealous.

for those wheels you could use a homemade soda blaster... i think there is a thread on here saying how to make it, but you can take some clear smallish line and slice i bit of it about an inch from the tip and stick a blow gun in it, then on the other side you stick it in a box of baking soda... cheap and not too hard, i think they were saying that the larger the tube you can use the better because the soda tends to get moist and clog. i would imagine that if you go too big, then you wont get as much venturi suction power . by the way those wheels are extremely cool... and only 25$

for those wheels you could use a homemade soda blaster... i think there is a thread on here saying how to make it, but you can take some clear smallish line and slice i bit of it about an inch from the tip and stick a blow gun in it, then on the other side you stick it in a box of baking soda... cheap and not too hard, i think they were saying that the larger the tube you can use the better because the soda tends to get moist and clog. i would imagine that if you go too big, then you wont get as much venturi suction power . by the way those wheels are extremely cool... and only 25$

I just read that thread the otherday....I was toying with doing it....but I want to get to the rust issues, and engine before I start long projects....I kinda smoke to much green and get un-motivated ;) but if I take care of getting her running, she'll need some sweet shoes!

And thanks, the guy I met was going to scrap them for like $40 but he didn't want to take the effort to strip them down, and he works on z's so he was way down to give them to a good home. He even came to my place an adjusted my points, and got her running.

Told me to go get 5 gal of premium, and run her for a few min (watching the temp) to get the old varnish pushed thru....long story short, flooded the engine....what do I do now??

But a successful day non the less :)

well thats good to know that it was only not geting spark do to the fuses.

was it runing really high? if its flooded just let it sit for a bit some of the gas will go away on its own, and try to start her a few time, just dont hit the gas, it will burn it off.

we never got a chance to work on the carb being that the car wasint geting spark, so who knows how the carb is tuned. it could be flooding itself.

there is a skrew on the carbs, if you fallow the throttle link from the fire wall you can find it. its a skrew inside a spring and it changes how much fule in being pushed into the carb without you hiting the gas. just back that skrew out a few turns.

then when and if the car starts back that skrew out till the car dies, then give in like 1 1/2 turns and leave it there, that should be a ok spot for now.

give me a call if you need to

got her running for a liitle bit today....then flooded the engine...... fml!!

But got these today for $25, they're 14x8...now i just need a sandblaster and tires :P

P1000182.jpg

P1000183.jpg

i think we could clean thos up with just a fine wire wheel on a drill and some 200 sandpaper.then just polish them a bit and rock it.

how bad is the rubber?

i got a set of used tires for my truck for 130 i bet we could get you some a bit cheeper. look for like a 175/50/14 to a 195/50/14. im sure you can find some used 205s or 215s and they look cool because how wide they are but if you want to lower it stay under 195 unless you plan on runing spacers and rolling fenders, but i beg you not to roll the shit out of them fenders :D

i think we could clean thos up with just a fine wire wheel on a drill and some 200 sandpaper.then just polish them a bit and rock it.

how bad is the rubber?

i got a set of used tires for my truck for 130 i bet we could get you some a bit cheeper. look for like a 175/50/14 to a 195/50/14. im sure you can find some used 205s or 215s and they look cool because how wide they are but if you want to lower it stay under 195 unless you plan on runing spacers and rolling fenders, but i beg you not to roll the shit out of them fenders :D

tread is gone, I'll prolly do the cheap "soda gun" thing to clean them up too.

But for now, I finnaly realize my engine/rust needs work first....thanks for being right yo!

The guy I got them from helped me out so much today...and he was going to buy my car, but didn't cuz of his z's....but he's way down to teach/help me with her.

He live 4 blocks from my parents.

I'll prolly have u come over tomorrow or thur (if u can) just to see what else u can help me with.....got rust restorer and primer too.

Only $25 for those!? Damn.. nice find man. Turbines = Win

WIN fosho!!! I want to powder coat them...but not sure what color yet(any ideas)?? I've always loved rims, but never owned a car that I could put them on. Now I just want to buy every set just cuz!

paint the whole wheel one color then sand the outermost surface to a high shine, i think gold black gunmetal or red... kind of depends on what color your car is goin to be. if you paint the outter surface and leave the insides polished that would look cool... i painted the insides of my wheels a type of gunmetal color

DSCF2001.jpg

i used duplicolor wheel paint. it has not chipped peeled faded or anything yet

You got those for 25 bucks?!?! That's a smoking deal!

I have a set on my goon. I love them, tho the space between the spokes is a BITCH to clean because they are textured instead of smooth. I still haven't finished cleaning them, i am procrastinating that till whenever :rofl:

Here's mine, this is photoshopped, haven't got it lowered yet :\

IMAG0103-edited.jpg

My buddy came over and took care of getting the points to work properly......and that's it!!! She runs!!!!!

And no smoke, no bad sounds no nothing!!!!! So happy!

"nothing shy of an epic failure!" is what my friend said about the aftermarket AC unit! So fucked up....litterly being held in place by 1 bolt on a broken bracket and the belt was way too wonky!

Now it's gotta.....who needs an ac??