jncbot's '76 610 4dr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here are some pics for ya to help show how to pull the bumpers keep in mind this is on my 73 so there a little different

0705101153.jpg

here you will have more room to work then i do but you will have 4 bolts 2 on each side of the mount

0705101153a.jpg

then under the car you will have 2 bolts holding it in you can see one in this pic the other one broke

thanks for giving me a reason to crawl under my car though i found my shocks are blown :P

Just got to the Oregon Country Fair (30,000 hippies) and I'll be camping here for a week....there are some cool old datto's out here, maybe I'll have my phone on me to snap a pic or 2.

With that being said, I'll be w/o interwebing by Friday when the public gets here...damn wifi system!!...but I'll post some pics of my car when I get back to town, and if ur lucky, maybe I'll post a few of the crazyness we call OCF!!

Much love, see ya in a week!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the pics of the day back in june when i got my baby running!

the aftermarket AC unit had 4 inches of play when u grabbed an' shook it it, and for 20+ min we looked for the opening to recharge it all over the engine bay...never found one, so we yanked that fucker out!

jwray2.jpg

my really good friend jime arms fixing my points

jwray.jpg

ac

jwray4.jpg

no ac

jwray5.jpg

the bracket and ac unit....if anyone wants this, it will be cheap....let me know!

jwray6.jpg

ah...much better!

so i've been really busy working this summer at festivals, working in town on 2 food carts, my bday, swimming, floatin' drinking...ya know, summer thangs, and so i haven't really done much since i got her running besides drive 2.8 miles around my neighborhood to keep her working....but that's all about to change!!! i'll be able to drive again (legally) twords the end of Aug, and i want bumpers removed, electrical system's bugs worked out (so i have blinkers and taillights), the rust on the lower part of my doors addressed, and i would like to clean up my turbines, and buys some nice rubbers :cool: all before Aug 23rd!!!!

i start tomorrow:D

one last thing.... anyone know if this fuse box cover is from a 610? its what i have on there right now, but i have a feeling its not from my exact car.....let me know what u think?!?

fusebox.jpg

wiring sucks, even the easyist fixes can take hours to just find. and that if you know what your doing.

dont you have a book for your car? just look up the fuse box for your year, if its differnt then you know some one cut in a diff box.

seeing that your just going to leave the ac out, you could always wire something eles into the ac spot on the fuse box, like maybe some fog light?

Ooooooh....I like that idea :)

Can I barrow your stain glass paint for my headlighst, I plan on getting real ones soon, but jessi was telling me u guys already have some paint....

And today I'm going to make sure the fuses are not blown, and maybe change out my taillight bulbs. Along with plugging up that annoying exaust noise after removing that ac....I guess I'll need a 20oz soda today ;)

pb blast? thats what I need to loosen up some bolts right?

yeah pb blast works, theres alot of diff stuff that works the same, just ask some one at the store when you go in you need somthing to brake rust to take off some bolts.

we do have the paint, jessis going to school today but will be off early. maybe if you call her befor class (befor 11) she will toss it in her car and bring it to you after, you might have to "talk" her into it ;) if you know what i mean. im not sure were the stuff is and i need to get to bed other wise id help ya out.

Regarding the parts you pulled. The "larger item" is the A/C compressor, but the other "smaller item" is an air pump for smog. That is the source for your exhaust leak. The fuse box cover looks like one from a 710, but I could be wrong. Just a quick glance tells me that the numbers appear correct. I will check later this week for you.

Regarding the parts you pulled. The "larger item" is the A/C compressor, but the other "smaller item" is an air pump for smog. That is the source for your exhaust leak. The fuse box cover looks like one from a 710, but I could be wrong. Just a quick glance tells me that the numbers appear correct. I will check later this week for you.

I figure I'll just get some tubing that fits it, clamp it on and get me a 20oz soda so I can us the cap to plug it up.

I was going to run a tube to the smog baffle on the front right of my engine bay, but i think I'm taking that out today cuz it really has no use in there.

I really would love some better pics of how to take off the bumpers, I'm still not getting it....zerow or micro this one would be for u guys :) and will I need a jack and stands??

Thanks

i posted pictures with an explanation on how to remove the bumpers on the previous page no you shouldnt need stands

edit the orange dots are where the bolts are

this is where the bumper brackets meet the body

outer.jpg

this is under the body behind the 4 bolts already removed

under.jpg

rec from chassis?

Sorry...long day of floating river, and too much beer will make u write funny thing :) lol

I'm just going to take pictures of my car today, and post them. I think that will prolly be my best bet.

I get the bottom picture, I've crawled under my car a few times so I understand.....but the othe pic confuses me??

I don't know why, I'm just not seeing what I unbolt.... :(

but like I said, I'll post some pics

• 1 month later...

hey i can come help you with your bumpers if they are still on. I dont have much to do today :D

yeah!?! really? lets do it!! im just getting up to go over and start looking at her to see what i could personally do, but if you're there i might get some shit done.....i would love the help!!! i'll call you shortly.

hows the goon running?