jncbot's '76 610 4dr

Got her towed today....,,,She's my first Datsun!!!

With some help from my friends skunk and jasafras, i found out about this car, saved $ for it, and finally got in touch with the girl who owned it.

she had just put it up for sale, but only wanted to sell it to someone who was going to treat her well, and not part 'er out. me.

with that said, $500 minus $30 for the tow got me this 1976 610 4dr auto frantics.gif

610interior.jpg

P1000135.jpg

P1000130.jpg

P1000129.jpg

P1000128.jpg

P1000127.jpg

P1000124.jpg

P1000122.jpg

P1000120.jpg

When it stops raining here in Eugene, i'll wash her up real good......but i'm thinking it might never stop this yearsad.gif

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice score. Get that alt problem fixed and drive it to Canby, I might need a ride home. :D

Plans for the car?

so she started twice......it wasn't supposed to run at all! so i'm going to have a few friends help me with it, to get 'er running.

i want some old skool meshie's, or something with a fat lip, lowered slightly, remove bumpers, fender mirrors.... i just want a super clean cruiser! i feel like a little giddy school girl right now, i'm soooo happy!!!!!

Cleaned the trunk between rain storms....I'll try to wash and vac it tomorrow...

I think I need to pump out the old fuel, and get some new gas, and see if it will run longer than 2 sec....

But the chg light comes on, so the alt it working...I think, tightened down the ground, and it started right up...but dies when I give her gas?? Any ideas?

could be just from sitting, get some fresh gas in there. Dont worry about draining the tank right now, just run a hose from pump to filter, then to a gas can... worry about cleaning the tank later. Figure out the altenator thing, i have a wiring diagram for your car if you need it in PDF format, let me know your email if you want it.

As for the carb, try the fresh gas, shoot some carb cleaner down that fucker and turn it over :) Probly do some wonders. probly has gunk built up in there from sitting for a while, and bad gas going thru it is not helping.

i dont know if the 610 has an external VR like a 510, but if so you can bypass the VR easily and run an internally regulated alternator.

got a few breaks in the weather today.....got her washed.....green water was gushing off her, and it started to rain again right after these pics, so i'll wax 'er on sunday.

i'll prolly take off the grill sunday aswell, and really get the moss off.....i want these bumpers off too....if you know how, or have found an easier way to do it, i want to know!

P1000142.jpg

these were the goodies that were in my trunk....pretty sweet!!

P1000138.jpg

P1000137.jpg

P1000136.jpg

i know there's some moss on her still, it's due to our shitty june weather here in eugene...it won't stop raining long enough to really detail her!!!!!

Had a great time in Canby on Sat. Saw a bunch of Ratsun'ers, and beautiful Datsuns.....Got me all inspired to get my 610 running and looking good!!

Here are the pics of my rust and broken/missing parts

Driver side doors

P1000161.jpg

P1000160.jpg

P1000159.jpg

Dent and rust from a fallen limb off a tree at the coast 4+ years back

P1000158.jpg

P1000157.jpg

Bumper plastic end cap.....cracked and broken

P1000156.jpg

I took off the grill, and cleaned off most the gunk.....I still need to detail it with a toothbrush and a few other tools

P1000163.jpg

P1000162.jpg

I took off the side mirror. The holes will need to get patched up at some point

P1000164.jpg

P1000165.jpg

I got this set of mirrors to put on my fenders.....$5 at Canby!!! w00t.gif Such a steal!

P1000168.jpg

P1000167.jpg

Nice buy on the mirrors! :thumbup:

The rust is very minor, in comparison to the whole car. Scrape that crap off before it becomes a bigger problem.

The tree hitting the back...WHOA! That could have been a lot worse.

Keep the grille you've got for now. I loved what the P.O. did with the one that was on my parts car:

100_0353.jpg

Paint the gray parts semi-gloss black, and use steel wool (00 or finer) to polish the horizontal metal trim. I normally don't like this grille style, but this one looked great!

That drip rail trim can be sourced from any of the three bodystyles. Do I have one? Unfortunately, I have the two that came with my sedan, and they are not for sale :(

I took off the grill, and cleaned off most the gunk.....I still need to detail it with a toothbrush and a few other tools

P1000163.jpg

P1000162.jpg

I took off the side mirror. The holes will need to get patched up at some point

P1000164.jpg

P1000165.jpg

I got this set of mirrors to put on my fenders.....$5 at Canby!!! w00t.gif Such a steal!

P1000168.jpg

P1000167.jpg

i had a set of those mirrors at my house, i took them to canby and gave them away lol

i had a set of those mirrors at my house, i took them to canby and gave them away lol

Looks like someone made some $$ on them...could've been you...;)

im bringing this over from the 610s unite thread

ill check tomorrow to see what side is tweeked but shipping will be a bitch it would be a huge box and its fragile pm me and we can discuss price

skunk was really nice to come over and take a look today.

found out i have a U67 head

we checked the fuel filter to see what we were working with, broke it, and got a new one tongue.gif but the gas looked good, no rust!

checked the VR to make sure the connections were good, they seemed to be...?

checked the points, only has one, and looked like it was in good shape

then we tried to start her up, didn't happensad.gif she did the first day i got 'er tho....

skunk checked the sparkplugs and distributer for a spark when i tried to turn her over, but there was none.

went to see the fuses, everyone was busted or warped.....

i just got all new the fuses from bi-mart, on my way back to the car to right now to put them in!!!

wish me luck!!biggrin.gif