521 ratsun roadster kamakaze

GOATS-521

What up, new to this neck of the woods, so I come in piece. Building the first shorty 521 roadster ive ever seen. I drive it everyday to work and to every car show thats been coming up. Me and my twin brother been doin what we can to this little creeper almost everyday after work. I have been gettin alot good thumbs mobbin this rat. I figured there would be alot of haters, but none at all. Even little old lady's dig it, that makes me happy. 29331_1324023907150_1427448774_3095.jpg">

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/elis%20rides/P4130205.jpg[/img]">P4050194.jpg">

Dude this is just such a cool little thing! Good on you for doing it! Though I might want to box this frame join a bit more! Did you run the leaf springs again?

Rad!

Hey Farmer Joe...thats totally funny!

Looks like my little brother! Sweet rig man...GREAT choice on rims and tires! :rolleyes: I'm lovin the old-school 14 inch beauty rings!

Datsun30.jpg

Carl "The Professor"...meet little creeper, little creeper...meet Carl :D

Looks like Carl and the MX520 made a baby... :wub: :hyper: :baby:

Hahahaha!

I love your truck man...you got any further plans for the finished bed area?

Actually that was the gas tank to get it home from fresno, then for the first 2 weeks. I now have the used brushed aluminum tank mounted in the back. That pic was from two weeks ago. This is what it looks like now. Aired all the way up in back, and down..P5140242.jpg">P5140245.jpg">And as for the wheels, these are what came with it. I do have plans to put something like 16"x10" rims and 31" white wall, or cheater slicks. This is my version of a japanese ratrod for sure

dude, welcome, and i might add, a realy cool truck, now that is very custom, and rat, all at the same time, very nice ride..tom :cool:

I dont really know where the beauty rings came from bro. they were on it when it was purchased. sorry man. And as for the air shocks, that is all I wanted to spend & needed. Hey if I can lift the back end by myself, why do I need to spend 800.00 for air ride technorogy lol. these ride nice, and thats all that matters. 80.00 @ kragen brother. Hey I just got back from the datsloco meet in oakley to. And it rides nice enough for 1700lbs. plus to fat twins. Just like the truck, I havent seen anybody else do it yet. I have had them along with leaf springs on other rides for 10years and have had no issues, so I feel safe

Just turn down the torsion bars underneath. then cut the crossmember where it meets the frame rails. Youll obviously have to remove the bomp stop mount, and all that to. shock has to be removed, or raise the shock tower about 3 inches like I did. I used a good sawzall to cut everything without even disassembling the suspension. Its tight but it can be done. A good couple of hours and new blades for sure. Let me know how it goes