Montana

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aren't there roads up there with no speedlimits?

no they took that out :angry: i got clocked in a Nissan pulsar doing 96mph lol no ticket but the cop said he didn't think the car was meant to do that lol and it was at the officers choice to ticket. they looked at make model and tires the tire where the key think according to the officer

then after they pulled over about 14 cars that came down out of Canada,they put a end to it. I guess a few where in the 140+ range. BUT YEA IT WAS COOL it took like an hour of the trip time :huh:

no they took that out :angry: i got clocked in a Nissan pulsar doing 96mph lol no ticket but the cop said he didn't think the car was meant to do that lol and it was at the officers choice to ticket. they looked at make model and tires the tire where the key think according to the officer

then after they pulled over about 14 cars that came down out of Canada,they put a end to it. I guess a few where in the 140+ range. BUT YEA IT WAS COOL it took like an hour of the trip time :huh:

Dang that puts an end to my plans for a trip to Montana after the roadster is done. lol

I believe Hank Williams JR lives in Montana, just not sure where

Kid rock hangs with him sometimes... :unsure:

Hank yes Kid yes but i cant say :blink: also Jack Hannah and a few others. I cant say who I have been sworn to secrecy :o no joke !!!

In 1965 a car I was riding in was passed by a Highway Patrol officer North of Choteau Montana. He honked and signaled the driver to roll down his window. The message was "Excuse me but you are doing 105 MPH in a loaded sedan with snow tires. Have a good day" and then he pulled away from us on the way to the Canadian border.

In 1965 a car I was riding in was passed by a Highway Patrol officer North of Choteau Montana. He honked and signaled the driver to roll down his window. The message was "Excuse me but you are doing 105 MPH in a loaded sedan with snow tires. Have a good day" and then he pulled away from us on the way to the Canadian border.

:rofl: thats great

I got nailed 6 months after the speed limit was reinstated during the holiday, at 115mph, a lady trooper asked me where I was going. "Kentucky, Moms making meatloaf." was my reply. She then told me that there was a 75mph speed limit now. My head hit my hands on the steering wheel and I muttered "oh crap". Well she looked over my GT and told me she was letting me go. I said THANK YOU! and away I went. Well she caught up with me and told me over the PA she was the last officer till the state line, and get a move on! Well I kicked back up to 115, she kept up with me then chirped the siren and left me like I was parked! :blink: That was my fastest run from Tacoma, WA to Lexington, KY in 31 hours, that included a 6 hour nap in Kansas City! :w00t:

so i am leaving on sunday morning going to stop and visit 420n620 and then head out on monday or tuesday to Montana heading up threw Spokane and over the passes to St Regis it's a cut off for me to go to Polson. So if anyone would like to meet for a few hit me up. :cool:

Or if you need some parts delivered of picked up let me know. I plan on going from Longview to Portland ,then down the gorge to Clarkston then up to Spokane and over from their as mentioned in previous post so if you need me to deliver/pick up anything hit me up!!

well i made it woot and man it is soooooo fucking beautiful here!!!

I would have to agree with you! My wife and I go down to Kalispell every couple of months(we are coming down on the 23rd of this month). I love driving over The Going to the Sun pass in the summer. Shopping is going to be awsome with the Canadian dollar just about at par with US dollar. Every thing is so cheap down there compared to Canada. We might even buy our new car in Kalispell. If the price is right. I hear there is tons of car shows in Montana maybe I will bring the 520 down this summer. I would love to take it over Logans pass but I don't know how the diesel would run at that high altitude.

Well have fun!!! I can't wait till the 23rd!

good to hear you made it safely over LoLo pass, it can be a little scary at times, some truckers don't realize how steep that road drops down. keep in touch when you are traveling back this way.

I would have to agree with you! My wife and I go down to Kalispell every couple of months(we are coming down on the 23rd of this month). I love driving over The Going to the Sun pass in the summer. Shopping is going to be awsome with the Canadian dollar just about at par with US dollar. Every thing is so cheap down there compared to Canada. We might even buy our new car in Kalispell. If the price is right. I hear there is tons of car shows in Montana maybe I will bring the 520 down this summer. I would love to take it over Logans pass but I don't know how the diesel would run at that high altitude.

Well have fun!!! I can't wait till the 23rd!

Yea they have a really cool csr show in June it pretty big for such a small town.How long are you going to be in town maybe Lunch ???

and as for the pics i took my mom's pc sucks so i will post them when i get home or better yet just a link cuase I am at 60 already lmao

And as for going over the Lolo pass i was the only car woooooot flyin low

Yea they have a really cool csr show in June it pretty big for such a small town.How long are you going to be in town maybe Lunch ???

and as for the pics i took my mom's pc sucks so i will post them when i get home or better yet just a link cuase I am at 60 already lmao

And as for going over the Lolo pass i was the only car woooooot flyin low

I be there Friday evening till Sunday afternoon. I be staying at The Aero Inn. We could do lunch maybe Mooses??? I haven't been there in years.

Man,you're lucky to have a place to stay up there.Does your Mom

live in Polson?I have a Sister who lives in Kalispell.I've been going

up there since the early '70's.Too many Californians now!

I want to head up there on a real vacation - one with no real plans.

I want to see pictures!

- Doug

Man,you're lucky to have a place to stay up there.Does your Mom

live in Polson?I have a Sister who lives in Kalispell.I've been going

up there since the early '70's.Too many Californians now!

I want to head up there on a real vacation - one with no real plans.

I want to see pictures!

- Doug

Yes i am on the west shore On Flathead Lake just out side of Polson. It's nice on this side not to many Cali flok here thank god. I love it when they come up here in the summer, then the winter hit's and they have no clue on what to do in 2 feet of snow. lmao!!!!!!

and a saw the first Datsun since i left 420n620's today and iam going to go see if they want to get rid of it hahahahah i wil just leave it here in a shed untll retire hahahahahhaah